Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am lookin at pickin up a 95 subaru legacy awd wagon, my question is, is it worth it to try and give it a 2 or 4 inch lift and are the awd models worth a cr@p to begin with? also does anyone here know what the weight limit is on the roof rack for the legacys? I wanna build a custom rack so it can carry some ladders for work as well. Oh and I am also wondering if any of those cowled hoods like some of the newer soobs have would fight a 95 legacy. Thanks

Edited by acidgypc25

Probably better off with the 2.2L anyway. Unless you were going to custom fab a lift yourself, it would seem like the cost of the vehicle plus a lift kit would get you into a 96+ Outback?

Pretty much you could pop in Outback struts and springs, and run larger dia. tires, and get probably a good 2" lift that way. The downside being it does gear it up a little bit, it still does OK but it is noticeable.

I'm not sure what the roof rack is rated off hand, most cars seem to list 70lb to 150lb, but they are saying that more from a standpoint of stability or not having the roof rack tear off in an accident of sudden deceleration rather than what it can actually handle. I mean I think if you had two 200 lb people lying on the roof I don't think it would collapse.

Edited by porcupine73

I have a pretty nice 95 wagon that will be for sale in a week or so. It is light green and clean inside and out. Cruise, defrost, A/C all works

It has an automatic, 191K, fresh oil and filter, new lf wheel bearing, water pump, timing belt, idlers, plugs and cam O ring. One little spot of rust on the left fender above the wheel and that is it. Everything works and drives well. Came from Virgnia and has been in Wisconsin for about 5 years. Bought it from a guy last Thursday who bought it off his sister. He commuted with it on the highway everyday. It also needed a MAP sensor and a knock sensor which I replaced. No more codes and it drives well.

I would sell it for $2500. Let me know. I'd rather sell it to a USMB member than someone I don't know off craigs list.