Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Guess what I got?

*Insert 1000 little happy bananas here*

Though its not blue, its rust free.......Its dark red... its older than my first subie... its got 4 wheels... it runs.....no stains.... no pics yet but will post pics later....

(oh and no cheating Mr. You-know-who..... don't spill it to everyone.. this is a guessing game that I hope doesn't cause me to be in trouble..)

86 brat

127000 miles on it.. leaks water from the radiator.. only thing i could tell wrong with it...

need turn signals but the little things... no rust except the tail gate where some chick hit the car while it was parked.. just the gate.. wheee i'm so excited dunno if i can sleep

Not knowing what your first subaru was dose not help with the guessing. Now your profile says your old EZboard name was "My Favorite Legacy" from that I'm going to take the assumption that your first subaru was a legacy.

Your clue that it's a 4 speed dose eliminate a some possibilities such as the majority of the EA82s, 2wd EA81s, 2wd ea71s with a 5-speed and any legacy or impreza with a manual transmission. So let's see what's left, EA71s that aren't 5-speeds, 4wd EA81s, EA82s that came with a 4EAT along with Legacys imprezas and SVXs with automatic transmission.

You also think you'll get some new boyfriends since you now have a cool subaru. To me that narrows it down to 3 possibilities. A Brat, a XT6 with a 4EAt, or a SVX. Since Qman already guessed a Brat and a SVX post should be on the NewGen forum, my guess is a XT6 with at 4EAT.

Isn't he pretty? What to name him.... any ideas?

Bright (Burgandy?) Red Amanda Truck

Boys Run! Amanda's Truck.

Boys R Amanda's Toys

Bring Random Assorted Toms

ok ok...

(Sorry about the pics... it was a bit foggy out there)

post-953-136027591973_thumb.jpg

Very nice! Looks to be in pretty good shape. Pics are just a litle unclear to determine that though. You gonna bring it by to check it out. I may have a few parts for it as well. Depends on what else it needs.

Ken

Ok, now that you have it, what are you going to do with it? Are you going to lift it?

Are you going to be the first (I think) Bona Fide "Female" Hatch Patroller?

Come on :brow:

Come on :clap:

No no... First of all I'm thinking I'd like to get it into good condition first... redo the paint... make sure no rust forms etc...

Sure, I'll take the P.O.S. on with the Hatch Patrol some day.. (You do realize I'm talking about the POS Forester - not the Brat)

Second, The Brat has no hatch.. so it cannot be a Hatch Patroler.. But when I get my GL wagon out there, I'm gonna start my own "Female Hatch Patrol" (are you ready for this?) I'm gonna call it: "The Booby Hatch". Or at least name my wagon that. Makes sense in sooo many ways. :grin:

But for now, I'm just gonna catch up on some maintenance and care...

Hehe.. I got him from a guy in town (Bellingham) that was selling it for about 1/4 of what most people buy their Brats for. I thought it was a misprint in the classifieds.. nope.. i had actually had my eye on it before he even put the for sale sign in it... so it was a happy story book ending... well.. almost..

That is, until I realized that the boy is spending more time with MY truck than he is with me and more time that I even get to look at it.. *sigh*

No no... First of all I'm thinking I'd like to get it into good condition first... redo the paint... make sure no rust forms etc...

Sure, I'll take the P.O.S. on with the Hatch Patrol some day.. (You do realize I'm talking about the POS Forester - not the Brat)

Second, The Brat has no hatch.. so it cannot be a Hatch Patroler.. But when I get my GL wagon out there, I'm gonna start my own "Female Hatch Patrol" (are you ready for this?) I'm gonna call it: "The Booby Hatch". Or at least name my wagon that. Makes sense in sooo many ways. :grin:

But for now, I'm just gonna catch up on some maintenance and care...

Actually, not many hatches left in the Hatch Patrol.