Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Obx LSD fit in a d/r trans?

bluto5

Hello all.

I saw Numbchux LSD fitment issues in his thread and was wondering if the Obx front LSD had been fitted to a d/r trans(Rx specifically).

I'm getting close to picking one up and have a single range trans if need be. I'd hate to find out the hard way that it won't fit tho!

Thanks, Sam

I have an RX trans with XT6 3.9 ring and pinion installed along with 23 spline stubs (from a S/R 5spd) behind an EJ22. So far several thousand trouble free miles. I would like to open it one more time for the 1.59 swap as soon as I find a donor trans.

Numbchux - I am following your other thread, I hope you find a resolution. Good Luck!

It should be fine in an RX trans, as the stock low range gearset in that is a 1.19:1, which is much smaller. My Carbonetic front diff has pretty good clearance from the 1.19 gearset, it's the 1.59:1 low range swap that's causing the problem for me.

My Carbonetic front diff has pretty good clearance from the 1.19 gearset, it's the 1.59:1 low range swap that's causing the problem for me.

Yeah the 1.59:1 low range will have an issue clearing the OBX diff - you'll have to shave some of the diff housing off the side opposite the ring gear side (hope this makes sense).

This has been done in a mate's liberty with a H6 powering the EA internals with the 1.59:1 low range and the OBX front LSD. It's going well too. And this is what's being done with my gearbox too. I SO can't wait to have this box in Ruby Scoo!

I believe this has been done in other gearboxes over here but I can't be sure about that and I've not been around them to say how they're going. But if this setup is holding up to the H6 I don't see why it would be an issue - so long as you don't abuse it, just like any gearbox.

Cheers

Bennie ;)

• 1 month later...