Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newbie Hear, Here.

I did not really do a very good job at introducing myself in my first post:slobber:

My first Soob I purchased was an 1984 GL10 Wagon in 1995, it WAS loaded:burnout:.

What an awesome car that was...kicking myself NOW that I ever let it go:banghead: Only drove it a couple of years before some kid cut me off and opened my left front fender like a tin can:mad:

Didn't think it was worth it to fix it so I traded it for a 1996 Outback in 97', that was of course another AWESOME car too, drove that one for 11 years before donating it to a REALLY good cause & I still get to see it every day at work:D

At that point I fell off the Soob wagon and got in Toyota Highlander OOPS... not nearly as comfy as the Soobs I was previously in :banghead: go figure....

Well still not back to the Soob wagon yet, went for a Tahoe JUST for the leg room & to be able to pull some stuff here and there along the way.

Finally got my wife to get a Soob after the VW Jetta stranded her in the middle of the road one day (alternator and battery died simultanously)

So partly back to a Soob at least got an 08 Tribeca, good car I was just hoping the MPG to be better than it is. OH well.

Like I said in the first post I am concidering getting an 1978 Brat well this forum is just kinda feeding that desire more and more :clap:

So I look forward to all the input that has been posted already to this point & for the ones to come in the future.

SO Greetings ALL:headbang:;)Glad to be here!

If the price is right, complete running car, and minimal rust I say go for it! I personally prefer the gen2's after having owned both. Sourcing parts for the 2's is a lot easier.

where i live i see a equal amount of gen 1 and 2 brats, but its true there are alot more of the ea81 cars around i personly like the gen 2 also but i also like the gen 1, hint from me my dad has bought 5 brats in the last 2 or 3 years my 85 brat and a 86 parts car and his 78,78, and 79 brat:grin:if your happy with the way the brat looks, drives, and fills go for it im restoring my dads 79 right now and its very easy to take apart and put back together the rust spots to look for are the bed, wheel wells, lower parts of the body like the supports for the body and

rocker panels, bottom of doors, top and bottom of fenders, and obious places where you see bad spots of rust wholes on body panels