Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will Pug 504 steel heels fit on an 86 brat?

those will fit your brat, there are no fit issues that I know of, have never actually mounted them, but have seen them used on gen 2s.

I have a set of five of these I wanted to sell or use myself, but I have since learned that they are hard to get balanced, as the center holes are not true center holes and are too small for modern balancing machines. I am planning on taking them to a machine shop and having bigger center holes drilled. I won't get to this for quite a while I suppose, and I would love to hear from you on how you deal with this if you end up using these wheels.

i have been running 14 inch aluminum peugoets with 195/75/14 tires with no problems besides the front will rub on sharp turns that will be fixed once i finally get it back on the road because im restoring it right now, you fix it by adjusting the suspension up front which is two nuts that you adjust about a inch out and it will be fine, but all this depends on tire size and if those are 14 or 15 inch rims i haven't had any problems with the rim, lug nuts, or hub size i have different lug nuts than what came stock for stealies(open lug nuts) maybe i have a set that are for the subaru aluminum wheels(closed lug nuts) but they work for all my rims

Thank you both for the input. I bought them. A set of 4 for $65.00 plus shipping cost of $45.00. I intend on using them for offroad unless they look way too good. I have a set of 15 inch Pug alloys for street.

Would you mind sending the pics on the lug nuts The Sucker King?

Either here or email me at

stinkydogfilms@sbcglobal.net

Thank you also for the tire size input turbosubarubrat, that helps.

Thanks again,

Mike

Turbosubarubrat, you put a lot of stress on the axles and rubber boots with the suspension adjusted all the way up. Along with increased toe in which will eat your front tires faster. That really was designed as a temporary type height adjustment.

another guy hear in sandy has already done it with no problems on his brat he had it like that stock, now he has it like that with dual range 5 speed and a ej22 with no problems so i should be fine and another guy in washington i have met has factory 14's and he has the suspension all the way up and has no problems either and thats his hunting rig and daily driver