Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Loyale Body Moulding Hardware

What kind of plastic is that?? Im starting my own company for custom things like this, Parts ext. I have accesses to a 3d pvc printer and could draw this and print a working model out. (not sure how long it will last due to unknown knowledge of the part)

http://aaengineerings.webs.com/

-Prwa AAE

Umm, plastic? :-p

I really don't know...What sucks is all 3 are good except for the part that broke off that goes into the body...My dilemma is i can buy the actaul piece of body moulding...but idk if it comes with the clips...and its under 40 bucks...

I need those too! They're the plastic clips that hold the door mouldings on. It's got a little expanding bit that pushes through a hole in the door and holds it in place and then the black moulding on the door affixes to those plastic tabs.

I would love to know where to get a few!

I need those too! They're the plastic clips that hold the door mouldings on. It's got a little expanding bit that pushes through a hole in the door and holds it in place and then the black moulding on the door affixes to those plastic tabs.

I would love to know where to get a few!

Forgive me if you know this:clap:...but make sure you install these clips into the molding first...Then insert everything into the door once you are positive it all lines up as they are a pain to get back out...(As I found out:banghead:)

Same here. Rear PS door trim is loose.

Not sure if I have any saved from vehicles I parted out, will have to dig thru various totes and boxes.

As for the type of plastic they're made from, I want to say it's from the ABS Family, but can't say which one.

Worked the Plastic Injection Molding Industry for quite a few years. Lot of the trim fasteners were of ABS, but different types.

ABS family ranges from hard/brittle to soft/plyable.

I'm pulling all the molding off my car it won't work with my new fenders I'll be more careful with the clips so I don't damage them if you're in the bay area hit me up if I like the fenders I put them on all 3 cars then I'll have lots of clips and trim molding I was just plan on throwing it all away but if somebody want them come get them

what kinda of Sub did these come off of? ill see if i can find one at upullit. Then draw it up and print some. If theirs enough people wanting these, id would be worth it for me to make them.

Let me know if you guys are interested. :headbang:

_prwa

Well most of the responses are from EA82 owners, but I'm sure those of us that own EA81's would like some also. I own both. Not sure if there is a difference right this moment.

I'm pulling all the molding off my car it won't work with my new fenders I'll be more careful with the clips so I don't damage them if you're in the bay area hit me up if I like the fenders I put them on all 3 cars then I'll have lots of clips and trim molding I was just plan on throwing it all away but if somebody want them come get them

Hey i sent you a PM but i guess u didn't notice it haha...I live in PA so chances are i won't be in the bay area:-p Would you be able to ship me a few and we can work something out??? I've tried everywhere...since no one has loyale's in their yards you pretty much my last hope!

Edited by 92LoyaleH4
spelling

I saw a Loyale parts catalog for-sale on ebay the other day, I should of bought it, I'll bet if someone has one of those parts catalogs, and you find the number to that little clip, googeling that number should bring up a place to buy it.

Here's the part number...no luck on my end, gonna keep looking after i post this...Think there'd be somewhere that has em!

NIFCO

3B47

Concerning the poster who can mold these; I would say there's a moderate community interest in them if you can produce them.

As it seems, there is no way to get replacement ones other than from other cars, and that isn't easy to do.

I myself would be interested in a complete set of these for one car, would you PM me shipping to 07087 if you do strip your car of them? They are pretty difficult to take off without damaging them as well, considering how old and brittle they are now.

I believe there are four on each door trim (on a sedan) so that would be 16 from doors alone. Probably two or three for the fender/quarter panel trim pieces.

• 1 year later...

The GLs used the same clip, i know, i went to a pick and pull today for all of the trim pieces and tried to save the little clips but it's useless they just snap from being old. I just tried googling to try and find them and there's nothing anywhere haha! So, time to get creative and find a new way to hold these suckers on, i'll update my thread with the way i chose to put them on, stay tuned.

Just counted 32 holes total for my 92' wagon, i think i might drill a hole where the clip sticks out and into the body panel. Maybe thread in a 10/32 or something than just use a washer and nut on the inside of the body while also using some good double sided tape. I think there is just enough room for the head of a pan head screw to fit in there.

I managed to save a total of  5 of these, the yellow kind, for the wider style EA82 trim -87+ I think. If someone wants them, let me know. I am going with 3M Super weatherstrip adhesive (yellow) -both were used on my doors, partly why I could only save 5 clips!