Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Loyale Body Moulding Hardware

Nice, yeah that adhesive is pretty awesome especially if you use some alcohol to clean the surface it attaches to! Those clips were the same on all of the EA82s i think, i took molding off of three different wagons trying to save some clips ranging from an 87 to a 93 Loyale. By the way, the junkyard east of the super walmart in fort collins, co has an ABUNDANT supply of subaru parts!

I have an 86 with the glue on trim......

When I painted the car, to reapply the trim I used

"the RIght Stuff" sealant/adhesive.........masking tape for the first 24 hours to hold mouldings in palce while it sets........and it's been on there for 3 years now.....

Might be easier than trying to find clips.

Nice, yeah that adhesive is pretty awesome especially if you use some alcohol to clean the surface it attaches to! Those clips were the same on all of the EA82s i think, i took molding off of three different wagons trying to save some clips ranging from an 87 to a 93 Loyale. By the way, the junkyard east of the super walmart in fort collins, co has an ABUNDANT supply of subaru parts!

Good to know this the locals around here just scrapped the last 3 loyales I have been picking off of:( but I ended up using some 3m double sided and it worked great, didn't want anything too permanent but I guess it doesn't really matter as the trim needs to stay forever:) finding out real quick to think of good ways to take stuff apart on these cars, every part I need to replace is broken but the part that is good that the broken part is attached to breaks taking it off so I have reversed my plan...... Edited by Discombobulated

That's a good idea, my wife actually suggested using a type of glue or epoxy. I called the subaru parts shop at the dealership this morning, he looked it up and said no way. They've been discontinued. Figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

I think you will find from that era trim clips were all nylon the abs revolution started in the early nineties along with that hell to remove (Like as in an angle grinder) Sikaflex they use these days to even glue replacement body panels on with.

I think you will find from that era trim clips were all nylon the abs revolution started in the early nineties along with that hell to remove (Like as in an angle grinder) Sikaflex they use these days to even glue replacement body panels on with.

Sikaflex! I used that stuff to seal up the gps antennae installed on the roof of the nyc busses. There's a chemical remover they gave me to remove the stuff, works great. Aptly named sikaflex remover.