Ultimate Subaru Message Board

body lift, suspension lift, do it my self?

subaRULES

help me out guys, i love subarus. been riding and driving them since i was born, well the riding at least. now i am gettin my own.

i want to get a lift on one of the older genrations but i would rather do the project myself for money and entertainmet resons.

is it possible? anybody got advice? body lift or suspension lift?

• 2 years later...

It's very possible. Will take a fair bit of time. A mate of mine, my brother, and I done the same thing about a year back now. We made ours out of 2" by 2" alloy block and bought the front strut lift blocks (only 2" for legal reasons.) We got a cold cut blade for the circular saw and it cut the alloy very nicely. We also had to measure all the bolts our selves because no one wanted to give that away, which I could understand. I have no idea what the bolts were now, but I'm pretty sure they are all 12x1.25mm thread. We figured half the cost of the lift kit from a seller was just the cost of the bolts. So there isn't a huge saving doing it yourself.

Oh, and be prepared to have your car off the road for at least a week..

the topic has been around for the length of this board. back 5 or 6 more years ago, when a lifted subaru was still far and between. this particular thread is from 2004, but the topic goes way back and has been beaten to death. :horse::horse: and one of the main topics, that turned people into the whole please search, it's answered every week... use the search link... but lets not revive these threads... :( search but don't post on the old stuff.