Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Accelerator cable anchor point 1600

Hi,

Does anyone have a clear photo of where the accelerator cable is anchored next to the stock hitachi carb on a 1600?

I just cant find where its little tie down bracket is supposed to bolt down - manifold, carb, where :)

Thanks in advance.

In my mind it's about 6 inches rear of the carb. Easiest seen and worked from passenger side. Take the spare out to assist but I think you can get it with the spare in. I just had my hands on it when I swapped my pedal box.

I might be getting my old 78 at lunch. I'll get my nose in there and get back.

Snow here! Snow Shark time !!! :)

Thanks for the awesome closeups Lee, however my manifold is a bit different to yours, with the thermostat housing behind the carb, not to the side of it, so I think the bracket must be different!

I'll post a pickie on weekend.

Perhaps it is an earlier manifold, I can take photos of my EA63 1400 (thermostat is in the middle) but basically the bracket for the accelerator cable mounts behind one of the bolts for the thermostat housing.

Yes please!

OK I found one. It is a bit rough as it needed to bent back into shape (not sure why!) and the only spare clamp I had was from the choke but it should do the job.

Yours if you want it, send me a PM with your address and I will mail it to you.

OK I found one. It is a bit rough as it needed to bent back into shape (not sure why!) and the only spare clamp I had was from the choke but it should do the job.

Yours if you want it, send me a PM with your address and I will mail it to you.

Its all good! Thanks, PM sent.