Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northeast 4WD compact car adventure

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since our event there have been a few fellow northeasterners that have taken notice and would like to join us in the future. One of them lives in Middleburgh, NY which is a gold mine for trails and unpaved roads. He knows where they are and is considering putting a run together for us like I did. Stay tuned for more details.

I too, will be looking for more roads/trails in the future. I am especially interested in steeper climbs as I want to exploit the 4WD feature of our cars more during future events. It's a balancing act to find just the right roads for our cars, smooth enough to stay damage free, yet challenging and fun. Of course snow will add a nice element of challenge for roads that may not be challenging enough when dry.

Also, a friend of mine wants to get in on the action and is looking for a car. I saw a Corolla All-Trac for sale on the side of a road in Canaan and will get info and pics tomorrow for him. This stuff is contagious. :D

Edited by Mike Kamm

Lift kit time!

There seems to be so many hardly known old compact 4wds out there. Makes for quite a strange crew. Lol.

I agree. I guess that's what holds my interest. I know I could buy a Jeep and join a big off roading club but I've always been interested in vehicles that are not very mainstream. :D

'Tis the season for Northeast Compact 4WD Car Adventures and thanks to our newest member [and Civic RT4WD owner], it looks like outing #2 will be on Sunday December 30th.

Send me a PM for details if you'd like to join us.

As the song goes: "Let in snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

There's a '90 Toyota Corolla All-Trac for sale in Niskayuna off Aqueduct road. Auto, claims 59k on the odometer, asking $4150 for it. If anyone wants the contact info, PM me (it's about two miles down the road from my house).

I'm likely to be working Dec 30th. If I'm not, by some major miracle, I've got to balance the chances of my transmission grenading versus my desire to get out on the trails. I won't have the replacement in before then. :(

The invite with details for meet #2 has gone out via my 4WD Compact Car email list this morning. If you'd like to join us and are not yet on my list, please send me a PM and I'll get you on it.

Word has it that there's as much as 5" of snow on parts of the route as of today. :D

Mike