Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics of cruise control/vacuum line setup for ea82

So I need some pics if anyone has any or is willing to go take some for me I'd appreciate it ! I was disconnecting my cruise control setup in my 88 gl because it doesn't work and I don't need it anyways for a wheeler .. And I took the vacuum lines for my defroster along with it :cool: so now my defrost does not work inside the car just blows out of the vents .. And I can't remember how everything was setup so therefore I need some pics lol I'm not sure what type of cruise I had but it was all mounted to the passenger side strut tower . I still have all my Lines and canisters so I should be able to hook everything back in ...

I know that it comes off the intake and connects to that canister.

But I can't remember how #2 was connected because I only cut two wires, the ones from the harness for the CC plug in and the vac line that came off of the CC

These two wires here:

0F66EAE9-7EAD-4897-8941-B4CD9F32645A-2239-000002A5A5646B96_zps900a479a.jpg

And this is how I have it setup now, with no where to plug #2 line into ..

2BE45AC6-EB19-42FF-B12A-8E2C8E5E622E-2239-000002A84A973574_zps28877dcd.jpg

FDE06DF0-1125-490E-A160-3B6A07EAE3E0-2239-000002A852732649_zps5fe34f04.jpg

Ok. Just ran outside and looked at the '88 Wagon.

Brrr. 25* @ 3:40 AM in nothing but bathrobe and slippers, is not,,, proper dress.. :D

The vac line you're holding in the last pic goes to thru that rubber grommet. Line should be 1/2-3/4" towards fender from where the large wire bundle comes thru it.

I believe there's a hard plastic line, like what runs across the firewall, under the grommet. But I can't say for sure on that, and it may be some rubber hose instead.

Been 5-6 months since I scrapped the '92 and pulled all of that stuff out.

You may be able to take a piece of the plastic line, push it into the line in the grommet, hook the supply line to it.

Geez ! You didn't have to go and do that, that's frickin freezing Lol appreciate it though . I'm still having trouble trying to find the line to connect this small plastic one too because there is no lines under the grommet or along the firewall to connect it to :/ I don't recall even cutting any of the small lines, that's why I'm so damn confused lol

It'll be sometime Saturday before I can really do anything.

But I have all of the wiring harness and stuff from the '92 out in the garage. I can dig out the box, take a look at it, see where that line runs after it goes thru the grommet.

Got a new phone that has a camera. So,, if I can figure everything out, maybe I can get you some pics. Haven't played around with phone to much yet. Going to be a learning experience for me.

Ok sounds good, really appreciate our help ! I tracked all the heater control lines today down to the little rubber grommet that they go through down by drivers feet, lines 1&2 are plugged in but there is no line #3 going in any direction ?

Here's a pic:

C6FA68EB-BB79-48FB-8DDF-8E6E3990694A-4195-000004F64941B8DB_zpsc91b6760.jpg

EDIT: lines 2&3 are plugged in. The one that has no line going to it is #1

Edited by Skylar

Ok sounds good, really appreciate our help ! I tracked all the heater control lines today down to the little rubber grommet that they go through down by drivers feet, lines 1&2 are plugged in but there is no line #3 going in any direction ?

That's normal for US cars.

Canadian cars have another hose there, to operate the Fresh/Recirc control we didn't get in the USA:banghead:

Looks like you got it.