Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SVX stalls and dies when engaging reverse

92 SVX recently started stalling when sitting idling in "park" it will shut off as if the key was turned off. If I give it some gas while shifting it will engage and not shut off. It will do this if I shift from "park" to "drive" as well. but its fine if I shift to "Neutral" Any Ideas on what I should look at? I removed and cleaned the IAC valve today with MAF cleaner but still has the same problem.

Once the car is in gear it runs and drives fine its just the initial selecting drive it seems to have an issue with.

Well I set it to .5v with the engine off if I did my research right that's where it should be. But after the engine starts it drops to .38v and levels off at .42v is it normal for it to be that low. I understand that the sensor is essentially a spring that tightens up as the throttle moves changing its resistance. Also I read that the ohms on the sensor should be 5k between the red and black wire mines at 5.39k. Maybe this sensor is no good?