Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Smiley..........

monstaru

This needs to be moved to Subaru P0rN,yesterday.Everything is so smexy!!!EJ powered yota-check,Tube front end-check,subaru grill-check,licence plate dash-check...

Fap,Fap,FaP....... :)

Why yes, yes it is. :)

I feel blessed to be working on this. I could never imagine that my mediocre dreams could work out. The fact that I have been able to gather all the tools needed, and the experience of teaching myself how to do it really means A LOT to me.

There are certain things I can not obviously take credit for, Like a windshield, Or signal lenses . etc. But the fact that I have taken the time to appreciate what I would like to build is priceless to me.

I may have been able to make the short shifter, but I did purchase one from LC Eng. BUT I built everything I could with My meager supply of tools.

When I am done I feel I will have a Solid wheeler. :}

Cheers

It will kick rump roast and take names.

• Like 1

... The fact that I have been able to gather all the tools needed, and the experience of teaching myself how to do it really means A LOT to me...

I Agree, it is a Wonderful feeling...

Also it is Awesome that you shared all the built Process with photos here to all of us, Somehow it is a way to be with you along the process, despite the distance... I can't wait to see this great beast climbing on the mountains!

Kind Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

I cleaned a bunch of stuff up in the shop.

I meowed a seal yesterday. I will be going to get one today. I then can assemble the clutch stuff, mount the bell housing again, get the t-case up in there, put some elbow grease on her and remount the engine so I can start running wires to see where I am at.

That's done now.

I reckon I should start worrying about trying to mount the radiator.I t looks daunting really . Especially with the hood on, and very little room to wiggle with.

I guess we will see.

lol

Did get the hood set up on there, have more room to move the radiator around than I thought.

I am trying to keep the winch as far back as possible.

So I will try an get things lined up proper where I would actually like them this week.

Also have to see how everything else is going to fit. dash , electrical panel, gauges, trans tunnel etc.

I need to cut a hole for the starter.

cheers

Edited by monstaru

IMG_6179_zps443146b6.jpg

Had to see how the shtuff was gonna work. Thats an LC engineering short shift kit up front there, and my own Toyota twin sticks.

IMG_6180_zps6225a917.jpg

Better shot of the homemade twinsticks.

IMG_6181_zpsf465fda9.jpg
Topshot.
IMG_6179_zps443146b6.jpg

IMG_6182_zpsaedd2c8d.jpg

It is either going here, or above our heads. There is definitely room up there.
But that would elongate the wiring causing me to have to already upgrade when I have almost all of what I need for the entire truck....

Anyways.
cheers

Edited by monstaru
  • Like 1

I would opt for NOT above your heads. getting out of the vehicle when its upside down could be painful with switches and metal box corners to deal with...  :)

The reason for the roof placement is obviously water.

I have a habit of drowning stuff.

I would need to keep it running for only a minute, but then I would be able to remove the box if it got in the way. It will be removeable.

Good thoughts.

cheers

I would need to keep it running for only a minute, but then I would be able to remove the box if it got in the way. It will be removeable.

Good thoughts.

cheers

hmm.  now a fully removable switch box would be awesome!  then you could actually build it for both ways.  just have an extension cable to roof mount it when in wet terrain...  :) 

nice idea on the box.  I have an old first aid kit metal box.  might be something I can re-purpose it for!

• Like 1

I avoid the deep water. Had my fill, pardon the pun. I stick to trails now. I try to keep it wheel side down, but like Mick said, it could be a danger in a roll over. Good tight seat belts?

I avoid the deep water. Had my fill, pardon the pun. I stick to trails now. I try to keep it wheel side down, but like Mick said, it could be a danger in a roll over. Good tight seat belts?

it has harnesses, and full suspension seats from PRP racing. I am not worried about hitting it WHEN I flop, I will  most likely wear a helmet almost all the time anyways.

cheers

My GOODNESS!

The man has BRAINS!!!

AND- HE WANTS TO KEEP THEM IN HIS HEAD!!!

(wait until I tell my friends down in Alabama!)

"Hey Bubba!" (actually, Brian, but we'll call him "bubba" for this little foray into literative lunacy)

"I know this guy what is buldin hemself a right gnarly offroader an guess whut? Hesa goin ta wear a HELMUT for to keep hims BRAINS all up in HES HEAD!"

"toss me a beer an hold onta this here sparkplugwire wouldjanow? Much obliged there, Now dontcha get all wiggly while I crank this thing for a minute"

Right wise of you there...

I wasn't 100% certain before, but you Sir, Have my vote.

Carry on!