Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Smiley..........

monstaru

• 2 weeks later...

So, Had a friend over today. Gave him the tour of my pile of parts.

Man I need help ripping the harness down. EULOGIOUS, where are you? LOL

I know, I know. lol(Pretty sure he has used his man parts proper, and is doing the right thing:})

This wiring has made the Stop sign hit me in the face. damnit ...

Well, I did see some surface rust forming. DAMNIT!!!!Time to get moving!

I want to be driveable by the Christmas tree run. Might happen.lol

I have a lot to do . I am trying to cut down all of my lists .Just have a lot going on.

I at least need to finish my welding, so I can paint stuff. I did decided to change a couple things. AGAIN. Damnit mang , I just wanted to build something I wanted! LOL

I am stoked to be building what I WANT!

I can't wait to get back to it.

cheers

How is that Scott?

I like help I do not have to pay for.LOL

So I have been widdling down the harness for a few days. Just trying to identify things I do not want , like the AC stuff. Which incidentally is tied into the fans. So, I isolated the fans so that I could use the plugs later on. I will  be running a stand alone system for those, on a switch. So, with the Fans , and AC  out of the way, on to more!

DOH~!

So I have an ECM pinout that I am looking at from xcceleration.com , And the wiring diagram I found on some OTher board.

Hopefully I do all this thinning right. It all seems so straight forward, but everything is tied into each other.

Guess we'll see. lol

cheers

How is that Scott?

I like help I do not have to pay for.LOL

So I have been widdling down the harness for a few days. Just trying to identify things I do not want , like the AC stuff. Which incidentally is tied into the fans. So, I isolated the fans so that I could use the plugs later on. I will  be running a stand alone system for those, on a switch. So, with the Fans , and AC  out of the way, on to more!

DOH~!

So I have an ECM pinout that I am looking at from xcceleration.com , And the wiring diagram I found on some OTher board.

Hopefully I do all this thinning right. It all seems so straight forward, but everything is tied into each other.

Guess we'll see. lol

cheers

what year ,model  and such is the ECU and harness?

Just an FYI (only if you don't ALREADY know), the 1995 has a unique pinout on the ECU and is NOT interchangeable w/ other OBD2 ECU's. I learned this in my swap project AFTER I had the harness prepped and installed. Not a HUGE deal, but it's good to know. There are some misleading pinout diagrams out there.... 

1995 is unique..... Made for a PITA for me on some levels.... 1996-99 is all the same......

Be cautious where you get pinouts....

I'm not telling you how to do your build, just sharing my experience......

• Like 1

I did not know that Spencer.Thanks for the heads up.
I have pretty much just been eliminating what I don't need from the plug-ins back.

I don't really need to negate anything except non-essential systems , so, I SHOULD be alright.

But that is good to know.

If I mess up I will just get another harness and not cut anything ! I'll just stuff it up under my dash lol

cheers

Do you still have a pinout for that year?

I actually did some clean up last night in the shop.Got some toob thrown at her for the new dash bar.

cheers

Been busy with work and family.I am doing little things when I get a few minutes here and there.

Got the dash bar in, cleaned up some welds , and trying to figure out the next steps..

I really want to try an get another harness already trimmed down from someone.This wiring thing confuses the hell out of me , AND I am pretty sure I already messed up the harness I have because of the wrong pinouts.

Thats where I am at.

cheers

EJ18 Carb.

Do it.

Also... isn't it about time to start another project and part this one out?  I think its been more than 6 months.   :lol:

I would carb it if I didna already know that

I want reliability.... :)

And yeah, I could probably make some good money parting it out. lol

Maybe I will. :)

Find me an already done wiring harness Tex!!!damnoit

find you a 90-94 lego harness and ship the bitch to me, i'll get it down to the bare bones.  i'm on my like 6th harness ,that being earls, and that was a rush job to get it done before the WCSS, fired up first try.  

I really want OBD2 but it looks like I may have to go OBD1...Damnit..... lol

I'll start looking. lol I forgot Earl was running a Frankenmotor.Obd1 it is.

cheers

Edited by monstaru

The obd 1 stuff is as solid as it comes. And literally they will run anything you hook them up to. I ran a phase 2 ej25 on a stock ecu, I know people have ran a phase 1 ej25, earl was running his franken motor with something like 12:1 cr. even red devil was running something like mid 20s psi of boost with nothing more then a piggy back.

They also have a good code flashing system and if you wanted even more there is that select monitor thing which was subarus attempt at a obd2 style connection pre obd2. I know you can even data logging with the select monitor thing.

About the only thing that would be nice is if you were doing something like a wrx ecu, just because the super aftermarket avalible in ecu tuning ports.

• Like 1

SO, are you saying I could run a non turbo engine with a turbo ECM?

I have thought about that before. Obviously you would have to tune it to get rid of the turbo stuff , I just didna know that was possible.

well, I found an early harness in the garage, It is an attempt at whiddling down from years back.

HOw can I figure out if it is done right? lol

I guess I mean, I would hate to send it down there, then have it be wrong. Is there anyway to tell if I have the right stuff,plugs?

Can I just take detailed pics ?

cheers

• Like 1

I would carb it if I didna already know that

I want reliability.... :)

The ea81 is about the most reliable engine ever.  lol  But the idea of fuel injection is the shiz.  Ask Ken about how tough it is to follow me up long steep inclines at slow speeds cuz his carb always gets to choking on itself.  

The pic attached is him doing the 3 feet thing with brake gas and clutch all at the same time to keep it running.  Lame.   :D

post-129-0-69764800-1383501858_thumb.jpg