Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Leggy Clutch Disk for GL-10?

If it ain't one thing, it's another. The Clutch on Murphy the 87 T Wag is starting to slip. I do have a spare clutch plate from the 94 Legacy Alpine wagon. Does anyone know if they are compatible?

PS. The spare plate is in very good condition. The last time I pulled the engine on Red, I pre-ordered the clutch assy. I forgot that I had installed a new clutch assy, when I bought the car a couple of years prior. I could have sent the new kit back, but decided to install it and have the other for a spare.

Edited by Sonicfrog

I was planning on using the current P plate anyway.

PS.. My other PS. should have read "PS. The spare clutch disk is in very good condition." Derp.

PPS. I probably ought to check the play in the clutch cable first. I forget it's not hydraulic and I'm realizing i haven't adjusted that in quite a while. It just started to rain though, so that won't happen until tomorrow I suppose.

Edited by Sonicfrog

Some EJ discs have larger springs in them. These larger springs will rub against the tops of your Flywheel bolt heads.

I have no way of distinguishing which are like this by model or type. But I have experienced it.

Best to test fit first. With the flywheel installed, put the disc flat against the face, and try to spin it......check that it isn't hitting any of the boltheads.