Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Time to Rally

tundrabrat

Picked up this 85' GL 4WD Turbo late last Winter. It had 105k on it and had been sitting since '95. This was to be my daily driver while the Brat is being restored... which is taking longer than I thought. :(

2012-03-24094901.jpg

A little rattle can work...

2012-03-25132137.jpg

Has the RX pattern interior...

2012-03-25085202.jpg

Akghandi hooked me up with front shocks off of a parts car, fog lights (to be added) and pugs with awesome tires, Jerry DeMoss set me up with a set of RX springs and I have a 2" Boss lift on order.

2012-12-06153050.jpg

EJ22 sitting in the garage, to be installed this summer... ONLY AFTER THE BRAT IS DONE!!!

Edited by tundrabrat

very clean car!

seeing sedans like yours makes me want one more!

*goes in to wake up wife and talk to her about getting another Subaru...* wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK!

To TundraBrat, thats one clean EA! Someday I hope Ned looks that good ;) Ive got a few plans for him though so hopefully...

Good luck, keep us updated!

i like how the battery charger plug is sticking out from the hood and grill:Dincase the battery gets low or to keep the battery from freazing?

That's a block heater....its been -5 or less every morning for the last 10 days and she stays outside. With a nice warm block and oil she starts right up every morning.

Those seats.....what's the story with those seats?! I've never seen em' before and I want a set. Bad.

I don't have any info on how rare they are, but I can tell you a few things 1) they predate the RX, 2) the rear seat is a split fold down w/ an armrest 3) check out the matching seat belts... this tells me these are an original option.

2012-03-25085241.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how his axles are liking the lift, but for about a week after I installed my lift the front axles made a sort of grinding noise. there was a little drive axle vibration at highway speeds while accelerating

but its been about 200 miles, and they seem to have "broken in" no odd noises or vibrations anymore. and I'm not exactly easy on my axles.:grin: