Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for EA82T megasquirt base map.

So does anyone have any base map for EA82T engine ? That would help a lot for tuning it up and running. I have a -90 registered leone that has hot wire maf in it.

I know it's a long shot to try find a ready map but basicly any version made for EA82 engine would do since I only need to get it started and to movable condition before getting it tuned up properly in dyno.

i recall someone making one available a few years ago...but i can't recall where, which forum, etc - maybe that's the one Drew has?

Ryan (rpholz) might have one, he's a member here?

Almost positive Will (WJM) had one...but he's no longer with us, I would assume someone else has the same one.

The problem with a MS basemap is that its only good for the firmware it was made on. So all of Will's are for regular B&G MS2 code (firmware 2.x Iirc), and I had a couple for one of the early MS2/extra releases, but I could never get the car to even start with it. I also had one for one of the last MS1/extra codes, but it's long been lost. You're MUCH better following the manuals for your firmware and getting the car started.

That might be true that it will be better to jsut start with empty tables. But it might give me some idea wich direction to go with the tables if there is some base info available. I'm going to read the wole manual in the coming winter weeks since I have a 3 week off from work/school then. That must be done anyway :)

It's MS2 V2.2 I'm not sure if I'm going to use this one or am I updating it to something else since I have two projects that has MS going in them.

My idea with the base map is that I can insert the values to my own map from it and continue tuning it to my own needs after that. Not going to use it directly.