Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat tail lights

We all know how hard it is to find second gen Brat tail lights or lenses. I stumbled across this while looking for something else. I don't know if they actually are available but it says both the lens and the complete tail light are. http://www.subarupartsamerica.com/parts/1984/SUBARU/BRAT/GL/?siteid=216122&vehicleid=1267725&section=ELECTRICAL&group=REAR%20LAMPS&subgroup=TAIL%20LAMPS

That is interesting. The last pair I bought new was from a Subaru dealer out west. They found one doing a search. The other was ordered from Japan and shipped straight to my home. That has been about ten years ago. I wouldn't think they would be easier to find now!

I was talking about the whole assembly. I went through right many lenses, they always would crack if tightened up enough not to leak water. I assume the rubber gasket seal was compressed beyond hope. They may very well have the lenses but you very well may need the rubber gasket that goes between the housing and the lense. You can see the gasket in their exploded view but no part number. I think the only way to get the gasket is order the whole assembly. When I ordered my complete assemblies the dealer I contacted out West was highly rated on this forum for getting older Subaru parts. They searched country wide to find the one complete assembly. Then called me back a couple of days later telling me they could get the other side from Japan. It was expensive, well over $220.00 back then. I jumped on it because I was tired of blown bulbs due to rain and cracked lenses. Plus I had just got the Brat painted the first time and the tailights looked like poop!

Edited by bratman2

Looks like just because it doesn't list the part as "discontinued" doesn't mean its available.

Sent by me:

Date: Saturday, December 08 2012 02:52 PM

Subject: Brat Taillight availability

Hello,

I'm interested in:

Collision Catalog - 1984 - Subaru - BRAT

electrical, rear lamps, tail lamps, tail lamp assy Right

Is this part actually available and shipping?

Reply Sent:

Date: Monday, December 10 2012 09:46 AM

Subject: RE: Brat Taillight availability

I'm sorry but the part is no longer available from subaru, and I don't see any dealers in the country that have one in stock.

• 1 year later...