Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
subaruman5

Dual range electrical wiring question

It looks like you know where all but two go I would just plug it in and see what happens

:lol: I don't see how it could hurt they all go to lights

when i converted my original S/R push button 4WD to a dual range i connected everything but the two "mystery" wires and had no issues with not having the 2 mystery wires connected, just capped them off and to this day there just doing that.. nothing. if they are for the neutral safety switch wich light does it use? if anything it would just be a complete circut for the switch maybe? hope this helps. i even went the extra step since the 4wd low light is not connected on a stock loyale without the D/R 4wd transmission from the factory. we went through pulled the instrument cluster out tapped into the 4wd low light and ran constant power through the keyed power supply. everything works great even without the 2 mystery wires connected.

hope this helps you some>

and the two mystery wires i am talking about are on the upperside by the motor where the harness meets to the vehicle under the hood. it was a ***************. still to this day i dont know what they are exactly..:drunk:

Also did the same thing by not connecting the 2 "mystery wires" (neutral & safety) because when I did the backup lights will illuminate in any gear. Disconnecting it solved the problem. This is of course for the EA81 dash.