Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MOVING TO SEATTLE! Looking for work / lodging!

Hey gang.. Yes I'm still alive :banana:

I'll be applying to attend U of W as an undergrad. I'm looking to get out of Spokane and get over to Seattle pretty soon, so I can get established over there ASAP. With that in mind, I'm looking for a job, and a living situation where I'd fit as a roommate and a student next Fall.

I'd appreciate any leads from my friends network that I can prioritize over the Craigslist weirdos, so if any of you are aware of opportunities opening up in January(ish) please let me know!

If it helps, I've uploaded my resume to my Dropbox account, and it's available here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25150278/Andrew%20Mikelson%20RESUME.pdf

(Text-only copy) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25150278/Andrew%20Mikelson%20RESUME%20text%20only.rtf

Some additional info.. I like to work on my car sometimes so a little space for that is nice (shocking!) and I have 2 pet rats which are clean and not allowed free run around the house.

Thanks for any help with this. I'm looking forward to doing more Subaru-related stuff in the future too!

Andy

Edited by baccaruda

Gotta realize my true potential, B :dead:

Ed, I checked out EWU and it didn't turn me on enough to spend the (to be borrowed) money there. I've wanted to move for a while anyway!

Eric, I appreciate the offer - I will be talking to you about your garage sometime I'm sure ;)

Since my sister moved out, we have an extra room in my house. My mom and I have rented it out a few times already, so it won't be a big issue. You can work in my garage, but I can only fit a third of my wagon in the garage at a time and I don't have many tools.

But then the UW is not right near my house, by any means. If you're going to the campus in Seattle, that's gonna be about a 45 minute drive, one way. But the bus stop is right next to my house and you can ride down to downtown Seattle without any transfers.

I don't have anything in terms of work. But yeah, my place isn't ideal, but it could work if nothing else.

• 4 weeks later...