Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Emergencey: Stolen Legacy Seattle!

I was at a party tonight in Fremont, (36th and Fremont ave N) and when I left the party around 2am my wagon was missing!!!

Maroon 1990 legacy L 5spd, has an aftermarket rack on it, cargo area full of all my tools!!

this is the only pic I have of it, before roof rack and I have removed the hubcaps...

IMGP0039-L.jpg

license plate is

446-ZLH

if found or sighted please call me at 206-856-7797

or call police, (i have not filed a report yet as I just found out, going to very shortly here)

Well, it was Ken's kid, but no matter. The impreza I sold to my buddy was stolen over the summer though. They seem to be used as joy rides. My old wagon was fund 4 blocks away, untouched. I so hope you get yoru tools when it comes bac to you Austin. Will keep a look out.

I just put an alarm on my new imp yesterday. Resting a little easier.

well the worst part is, I actually worry less about getting the wagon back, it was the contents of the trunk that hold a much higher value- ALL my tools. without them I can't do any work, can't fix anything, can't make money.

sure hope it's a joy ride and that whoever took it doesn't check the junk in the trunk... wishful thinking I know..:(

police report was filed at 4am today.. so, who knows if they will have any luck.

Sent an email to my sister in Seattle to keep an eye out for this car.

Stealing a man's livelihood in tools is lower than whale 'poop'.

As a mechanic I feel for you. Twice I've had scumbags raid my rollaways for everything at work. :mad:

Had someone try to steal my lifted GL wagon from right out front of my own house 2 mo.s ago. Glass breakage sensor thwarted them.

I'll definitely be on the lookout. Without school for the rest of the month, I'm gonna stay dormant in Sammamish for most of the time, so probably won't see it. But if I do, I'll call the police.

You know what they say: a manual transmission is the best anti theft system in America. :D I guess it didn't work in your case, but still, haha. Hope you find it soon!

well, i dont have many photos of the tools themselves, here is a photo of the back of the wagon when i was loading tools up- so you can see the boxes. The tools are mostly all craftsmen, metric, and there were a few random other kinds in there too- i had a snap on metric wobbly 3/8 impact set (the only S/O tools i had) and a brand new 12v bosch 1/4 impact/ drill driver set. there were also 2 jackstands, a black metal/vinyl creeper, misc wire wheels, an old makita angle grinder, a fluke 77 multimeter with yellow sleeve, a set of metric gear wrenches, crafsmen 1/2 torq wrench, old bolt cutters, a valve spring compressor, misc gear/wheel pullers, and an assortment of little screwdrivers and bits....

smugshot_2615863-L.jpg

here is a shot of the car with the cell phone, kinda blurry, but this is what it looks like with the hubcaps off and the roof rack installed...

smugshot_8291643-L.jpg

A friend of mine had his box truck prowled on the night of the 15th while it was parked in the Phinney Ridge area ( just up the hill from Austin's prowl ). Fremont area is weird. 365 nights a year, people are walking and bicycling around that neighborhood. Austin, spiral out from the crime location and check the side streets -- especially the streets that drop down from 3rd Ave in a westerly direction.

Couple thoughts: leave a spare clutch cable lying around in plain sight and put a new, unused head lice comb in the glove box..................

Good luck

I will be looking

Dude I don't know where you are living or what - but last October when my Outback was broken into, my home owners insurance covered the contents of my car. The total claim was just under 2500$ (I had some work electronics that were stolen) I'm not sure if it changes things that your whole car was stolen. Just wanted to let ya know who to check with and to start making a detail list of everything that was in the car. (Though just a warning-they won't cover it if it was -attached- to the car ie radios, wired in things, racks, modification things - sooo tool boxes.. may not want to be attached if...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It has been found!!!! :clap:

Not far from the location stolen, it has been completely cleaned out :mad:

actually, so cleaned out, it even looks like they vacuumed it too? There was also a note found inside- (from one thief to another) stating that they could not wait around to watch the car, and that she had new plates for the car.. which (my plates are missing) which means they were in process of doing a plate swap with another stolen car or something along those lines- and it was cleaned, probably prep to sell it...

I have a lead on who the thief is, where they live, and where my tools might be.. the police said they can't really help unless something else comes up that is a major thing. so if anyone wants to help me pursue this further, to try and catch them... come talk to me...