Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea81 accelerator cable / Cruise control diagram??

Hey all,

As I went to change the throttle cable on my 85 brat I realized there was a part I forgot to reconnect. It's a brass looking bracket w/ what looks like a key chain type chain attached running up under the dash. It's my guess that this is for the cruise control setup.

I tried figuring out how it connects to the pedal bracket but I'm having trouble getting it to function properly. I can't get it to "pull" on the chain no matter the configuration.... Anyone with pics of their pedal or A diagram?? Definitely feel like an idiot on this one as I'm sure it's super obvious.. :banghead:

Thanks

SB

Hey SB ,Well most cruise control set ups use vacuume to move that little chain.I'm guessing pieces are missing??? Is there any cruise control buttons or switches in the cab? I've seen them on the trurn signal rod..Might be someone took your carb off a different rig mabey??Hope you get it going.I am going to install a CC set up from Austraila.Got it on line for 300 smackers...Have yet to install it but will soon..Makes long drives so much better.. Good luck and let me know what you found out.OSF:banana:.

Hey SB ,Well most cruise control set ups use vacuume to move that little chain.I'm guessing pieces are missing??? Is there any cruise control buttons or switches in the cab? I've seen them on the trurn signal rod..Might be someone took your carb off a different rig mabey??Hope you get it going.I am going to install a CC set up from Austraila.Got it on line for 300 smackers...Have yet to install it but will soon..Makes long drives so much better.. Good luck and let me know what you found out.OSF:banana:.

Ok, so ill tackle them 1by1

-Yes, I believe you're correct about vacuum controlling the CC (cruise control), however I had moved the pedal quite a few times before the swap to gain familiarity, and I had experienced some resistance from the chain/bracket setup while actuating the pedal. That's actually what brought it to my attention.. Then I noticed said bracket dangling behind the center dash console piece.. :banghead:

-My car was 100% original, I did the weber swap, so that's not the issue. The issue is me not bring able to correctly connect that damn bracket :banghead:

Basically, I never use CC, but I at least want to know that I hooked it up correctly at the pedal end before I muck around with it.

And I knew the one time I don't photograph the area I take apart, it would bite me in the rump roast.. Classic :dead:

depends on what cruise setup you have too.

There are a couple different types.

I wasn't aware there were different types of CC .. I have an 85 ea81 brat man trans..typical button below the steering wheel, vac operated thing.. I just need to know how the little key chain bracket sets up w/the pedal assembly

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...