Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dash Indicator Question

Hey guys. I have an 88 Rx. I have rebuilt a bran new motor, every piece, and she finally is running really good. Now I am fixing all these little things that add up to being prissteen.

So on my 88 Rx dash, on my car it says "Fulltime" then under it 4wd and Lo, then the center says "Center Diff"; so my question is, when is the fulltime

4wd light on if the car is 4wd all the time???? Is it constantly on?

See all the wires are damaged on top of the tranny. I am pulling it next week to repair, I just want to know what is supposed to be on when I fix it.

Obviously, 4wd Lo comes on when in Lo. But as of now, the dash says I'm in Low and center diff. lock, when it is unplugged. That is how I figured the wires were burnt when I crawled under there and saw that probably all the wiring has to be replaced.

So does anyone know on the "Fulltime" light?

Thx

The fulltime 4wd and the car logo is only lighted with the dash back illumination lights. So it's basicly never on since it does not have own light in it. As you said lo comes on when you use it and diff lock when it's engaged from the switch in the center console.

also in the most of subaru have the same dashboard with the same logos... but depend of the models if it turn on o not....

No it does not :) It's just a piece of plastic that has the car shape and 4wd text painted on it. Does not have any lights for it. Altought the ones that have switchable 4WD/FWD has lights for indicating when 4WD is on but no lights in FT4WD and better so because it would be irritating in there all the time :)