Ultimate Subaru Message Board

stolen GL10

Woke up this morning and looked outside and my wagon was gone, called and asked the wife how she drove 2 cars to work. This is near Maple Valley, WA. It's a 1988 gl10 4x4 turbo, black wheels. It wouldn't be hard to identify, so if anyone see's one like this please let me know, it was my daily driver. Pretty much south king county area.

Yes... color and license plate would be helpful. Maybe it's silver?

And really? ... if anyone sees your vehicle... they should contact YOU?

I would think they should contact the police. Then you. That is... if you had a phone #.

TO ALL USMB MEMBERS... This is possibly an attempt to see what would happen if this guy actually steals a Subaru he's had his eye on in King County.

Sounds pfishy to me. Keep the classics locked up in the garage.

Umm no it was my car that was stolen, thanks for the support! I could tell you every little problem that's wrong with it if needed? Like when the left rear window fogs over you can see where there used to be a PLU sticker, not there anymore. Have a nice day, I'm not!

Woke up this morning and looked outside and my wagon was gone

Bummer, hope you get it back intact.

This is possibly an attempt to see what would happen if this guy actually steals a Subaru he's had his eye on in King County.

I'm not so sure. Let's see, if he's dumb enough to post on a forum that logs his IP (and his IP is easily traceable to his home computer with just a subpoena) he's probably not smart enough to have a devious plan like this. Maybe he's just a dude that got his car stolen.

Seems like I hear of more and more soobs getting stolen lately. :-\

I would check with the third rate subaru mechanics in your area. Don't call them. Just walk into their yard and see if they are parting out your vehicle. GL10's are very hard to find, so he probably saw you driving down the road and followed you home.

Edited by scoobiedubie

:eek: That is crazy! Hell, I usually leave the keys in mine. Seems most people have a hard time opening the doors anyways.:grin:

When I was in college, my roommate had his mustang stolen. A few months later he found it parked at a gas station. He just got in it and drove it home lol.

Any news on this? Normally by now the police would have found it in a ditch somewhere. Nobody in their right mind would steal such an old car for parts unless it was super rare, probably some kids.

Any idea how they got it? Was it unlocked or something?

Got my car back! I work for a city and a officer called me this morning and said it was about a mile from our shops they picked me up and I grabbed it. Car was in same shape minus a full tank of gas. Bad part, I bought a 03 outback legacy yesterday lol, told the wife watch they will find it this weekend now. Oh well.

Grats! You're so very lucky it was unharmed. Funny they managed to use all the gas, they must have driven it a lot. If it were me, I would have staked it out to see if anyone came back.

So the first thing you're gonna do now is wire in a hidden switch to the fuel pump wire, right? :D