Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New guy in Portland, OR

Hey all, glad to have stumbled upon this site. I am undertaking my first "project" car. I just picked up a 79 brat and it has become my daily driver. Right now I am working on getting everything running how I want it and then will focus on body work. The car has pretty minimal rust and shouldn't take much to get it where I want it. I am sure I will learn quite a bit from this one.

Thanks for the link! I picked it up from the guy waldoz sold it to. I am really glad to see the progress this car has gone through and makes it even more exciting to keep it alive. As you can see no 4 inch lift was done to it. So far I have just been fixing things as needed. I will keep a detailed build journal of what I have done. Glad to be here!

Sweet! I am new here too! I found PNW Subaru enthusiasts on Facebook, but they seem to be geared toward the new stuff. Any PDX area clubs that are more into the earlier stuff?

haven't heard or seen any but there are 2 subaru meets that happen each year in the PNW. but i have have seen some subaru groups around im sure they could use some older ones. or just make one:brow:

Id be down for some kind of older subaru get together. I also have a 79 brat.

The 2nd gen brat pictured is "bratwarrior" here on the USMB

or its this other local 2nd gen, http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126349

I cleaned up my brat a little bit today i was back in town for xmas, will be back again in portland in a month. wouldn't mind getting a local parts network set up.

Edited by Reza

Id be down for some kind of older subaru get together. I also have a 79 brat.

The 2nd gen brat pictured is "bratwarrior" here on the USMB

or its this other local 2nd gen, http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126349

I cleaned up my brat a little bit today i was back in town for xmas, will be back again in portland in a month. wouldn't mind getting a local parts network set up.

forgot about that one (the one with the link) i met that guys dad at there old location wish i had that turbo brat he has.