Ultimate Subaru Message Board

upgrade1992 Loyale coil to after market performance type?

Bob B

We are talking about a 1992 loyale FI single port that run good but I would like it to run quicker. My previous experience is with 1500 & 1800 fiats and autocross them at 7500 + RPM. Most of that was with an MSD coil upgrade, there were other things done too, but this question is; does an upgrade coil do this engine and electronic system any good, and if so, any experience recommendations?

Bob B

my advice, run a search. you will conclude that the ea82 is not a platform that you can realistically make into a performance engine. it can be done, itll be expensive, it wont be all that reliable, and you still get eaten for lunch by stock ej motors.

if you want your loyale to go quick, let alone fast....spend the $1500 and ej swap it.

• 2 weeks later...

You can make it peppier. It won't be real fast but funner to drive. Do the basic maintainence. Maybe replace the head gaskets and add a set of cams from Delta Camshaft. Just keep a good cooling system and it will be fine for quite a while. If you want to race then an EJ swap is probably better suited for that.