Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 79 Brat build

Kevint143

• 2 weeks later...
13270746643_9cbb14f9d1.jpg

Untitled by Kevin Talley, on Flickr

Not too much work has been done this week but I got the dash pulled out last night and then just kind of laid underneath the brat for about 45 mins getting visuals of how much work this is actually going to take. Holy spoob I am excited. Dropping the Trans/drive line/suspension and all the rest of the stuff thats under the car. And then I will pull the Legacy into the garage and start tearing that apart. 

• Like 1

Well tonight I pulled the driveline out of the brat ad went to measure it up to the legacy and just found out that the legacy is fwd....

Kind of disappointed in myself that I didn't check on that before hand but also will make the swap a little easier. Oh well roll with the punches.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So today I finally pulled in the legacy to start taking it a apart. I've been so swamped with work and an injury from mountain biking I haven't had much time or drive to do anything. But now things are all better and I am back on track to get this project done!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

oof so some motivation hit me this last weekend and I HAVE to have this swap done by the end of august. I am now on a time crunch. Today I prepped the EJ to be pulled just need to go and grab my buddies engine hoist and get that baby out so we can put it in the BRAT!