Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Kevint143

My 79 Brat build

congrats on the house!

i just bought a house with a garage last march, still havent moved in or got the garage usable yet...... stupid renovations and no money... lol

Did you change the mirrors on your brat to fender mirrors? I was considering doing it, wondering if you have any more pics?

Edited by lvsarge

So today I had the duty of waiting for the utility guys in the new house so I decided to take some stuff apart with the tools I had moved over so far. I'm so ready to start the ej22 swap.

12912913543_48e9775713.jpg

Untitled by Kevin Talley, on Flickr

• Like 3

Tonight I drained the radiator and pulled it. After I decided to see how the mishimoto full aluminum for the ej22 would fit and it's a hair big so I'll have to do some grinding and cutting to get it fitted properly. 12964424363_94539bd22e.jpg

• Like 2

13270746643_9cbb14f9d1.jpg

Not too much work has been done this week but I got the dash pulled out last night and then just kind of laid underneath the brat for about 45 mins getting visuals of how much work this is actually going to take. Holy spoob I am excited. Dropping the Trans/drive line/suspension and all the rest of the stuff thats under the car. And then I will pull the Legacy into the garage and start tearing that apart. 

• Like 1

Well tonight I pulled the driveline out of the brat ad went to measure it up to the legacy and just found out that the legacy is fwd....

Kind of disappointed in myself that I didn't check on that before hand but also will make the swap a little easier. Oh well roll with the punches.

• Like 1

well.... look on the bright side, do disc brakes on the rear and set up the parking brake so it acts on the rear only, and you will have yourself a burnout machine :)

So today I finally pulled in the legacy to start taking it a apart. I've been so swamped with work and an injury from mountain biking I haven't had much time or drive to do anything. But now things are all better and I am back on track to get this project done!

• Like 1

oof so some motivation hit me this last weekend and I HAVE to have this swap done by the end of august. I am now on a time crunch. Today I prepped the EJ to be pulled just need to go and grab my buddies engine hoist and get that baby out so we can put it in the BRAT!