Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 79 Brat build

Kevint143

Collecting parts for a new project on my BRAT

8670102147_869f153178.jpg

8671204356_057c27de27.jpg 

Also went and picked up a 1980 BRAT with a buddy. It's in pretty good shape other than the mismatched paint. WHole car is stock and runs like a dream....but needs more power

8670103869_7d1e8a1791.jpg

We have a lot of dirt roads here in Bakersfield.

8671207790_314cbdf9e7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hmm now this is looking more good after this body work.. but I don't understand that this is the final photo of your project? Because I think there many things which are left to do on your vehicle. Anyhow but it looking nice. Thanks for sharing.

We still have to do the cutting and patching. All I've done so far is bring it down to bare metal to see how bad it is in places. Then I primed it to keep the surface rust from happening. We are also filling the holes where the side trim was, putting the hood scoop on basically building a roll pan for it because under the rear bumper is completely rotted out. So with that said the actual body work hasn't even started.

So this weekend I took the BRAT out for its longest round trip drive to date and can say I am impressed and have no doubts about my vehicle any more. We drove from Bakersfield, CA to Pismo Beach, CA for a little Memorial day weekend camping. Round trip it was about 300 miles and not only took me about a half a tank each way! Hope everyone else had a great weekend. Here are some photos from last nights sunset watching....BRAT style

8868290759_0bccfe2be3.jpg
Untitled by Kevin Talley, on Flickr

8868300861_ca0a8051da.jpg

8868912356_fc82bde148.jpg

• 2 weeks later...