Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Portland Oregon - Old Gen meet up

As a member of several Facebook Subaru Enthusiast groups (PNW, SA, SV, ORAWD etc) I see a lot of meets coming and going. I also recommend this site to damn near every new member that has an issue with their Subaru or just wants to see what else is out there.

There have been countless meets and greets where usually the Impreza/WRX/LGT etc overpower and dont even notice the old gen sitting there alone...

Now its time to get back! I know there are several people out near Portland that would enjoy a meet and greet that was designed for us all to get together and talk about something other than whos BOV is louder...

Lets figure out a good time and place. Probably weekends are better for everyone... Mornings? Mid mornings?

Portland Members, when giving suggestions of meet places/times, please let me know if you want to invite the newer generation folks, we can keep it specific to just a few that know what a BRAT/GL/DL/GL-10 and Loyale are...

I say we don't discriminate and anyone would be welcome but let's strongly push all "advertising" or talk about to be an older gen meet. With that said I am into this idea and have a few spots that would be ideal in the Portland metro area but will determine which ones I think are the best before I throw ideas out to everyone. I also think mid morning/afternoon meet would be best on a weekend date. Is this something we want to do continuously, one time or sparatically whenever we feel up for it? Can't wait to hear some feed back and get this going!

I think definitely, as long as its a Subaru it should be allowed to go... but I agree with pushing it as an "Old gen" meet.

I think Sporadically would be best too... maybe as often as monthly? or a few times a year, as Im sure the Old Generation population will grow.

Think cruises too, everyone seems to love them...

I'm in but I get back into town feb 8th so I might miss the first one. I'm located in NE portland near killingsworth.

Will bring my gen1 brat.

In fact maybe keeping it simple at first would workout best, say like an albertsons parking lot or similar. meet up for coffee and bull************ about subarus for an hour or so. make connections and swap numbers.

Edited by Reza

So I am thinking Jubitz suggestion would be a good location to help accommodate those coming in from Washington.

Jubitz Travel Center

33 Northeast Middlefield Road

Portland, OR 97211

It will have plenty of parking and we can grab coffee or snacks while we get together.

Sound good?