Ultimate Subaru Message Board

04 fxt

shortysayhi

Well i sold some stuff (still need to sell my xt6 and gl10) and bought this, thought i would share.

its a 5 SPEED aspen white, 04 forester xt with 116,000 on it, big Perrin top mount, and intake.no name headers, stock TD04, and no name 3 inch TBE.

running k sport gt pro coilovers (right now going to end up changing it)

it does need a new tune and a cobb AP to get rid of the open source tune, i am getting a Carbon fiber scoop tomorrow as well.

file-4-1_zps40aa072a.jpgfile-1.jpgfile.jpgfile-10.jpg

• Like 1

Nice find!

I am debating if buying one of these is worth it to go along with my Legacy GT.

A properly done Foz can lay down the smack.

Looks like yours is on its way.

Edit: Hope that isn't a wagon Mafia sticker cause it is a Forester, lol. RMIC - so it is a Nasioc Forester.

Edited by O.C.D.

You should reconsider getting an AP. Go on Legacygt.com and email infamous1. He is by far the best opensource tuner for subaru's in the US. I have used him for all of my cars. He even tops Bren tuning in the NE. He will tune your FXT for 150$. That is a full E-Tune with unlimited revisions in a month for 150.

thing is i have never heard a bad thing about a AP. im just not a big fan of tweaking with the ecu to tune it.... and Harvey at "the boost creep" is one of THE BEST tuners in colorado. i know a shop metro performance, who has a 510+ hp sti ($16k under the hood) and he tuned it.

the cost for mine would be 500, for the AP and tuning. yes its exspensive, but i do like the fact that i can change maps.

so at work i found out my coilovers are Pre loaded... so i ordered some spanner wrenches to correct this. should be fixed by saturday!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looks like mine when I had BBS's on it. Did you have to roll the rear fenders?

Yes I did... almost popped both my back tires driving home before I rooled them, on wed i am buying a set of 225/50/17s for my new rims they are 17x8 +40. on monday i should be getting my importology front lip, wrapping it in matte black as well as the whole roof.

Also, why the need for an AP? I am in the other boat and prefer not using them. Sure you can clear codes and load maps but those maps are not custom to your ride.

With open source you can do the same thing, albeit with a laptop. There is a fantastic tuner in Denver called Dave Bigley who runs Cryotune - <CryotunePerformance@yahoo.com>.

Dave had a special last Halloween for $135 stage 1,2,3 tunes and I got one. They are e-tunes but he is fantastic and makes a completely custom map for our altitude and build. He sent me 8 revisions until my Legacy was 100%knock free and seeing continuous boost at 15 PSI through the mid to upper powerband. Far better than a COBB map and I have seen and can prove that open source is a better tune. You also save the $4-600 on an AP.

As you live in the Denver area you can even get a custom tune with Dave in the car. That is even better than e-tuning. Just a thought.

You can create and tweak your own maps with the AP. buy best thing is you can have multiple maps (launch maps etc). I have a open tune on mine right now And I really don't like it (only thing I like is that shifting my rpm actually goes up between shifts so I don't loose boost.

As for the lip, I would like to paint it but I thought about it and a white one would get destroyed and faded and chipped alot faster and I'd have to re paint it.

I'm also going to wrap my grill and roof in matte black.

• 4 weeks later...