Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need to know which front bumper will work.

I have a 1990 Loyale Turbo 4WD wagon. I took it to get it inspected and they told me that it needs an inner front bumper because mine is rusted out. Does anyone know what years/models will fit, so that I can start cruising the junkyards?

They didnt show me what was bad, so I'm not sure if they are talking about the bumper beam or something else. The bumper looks good from the outside. Even if I have to pick up an entire bumper, that would be ok too, as long as I got the part that is needed.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jeryst

85-94 fits. The GL-10's have painted bumpers. You will have to swap your marker lamps if using an 87 bumper.

85 and 86 will fit, although it has a flush marker lamp design, and is a little more sqaare, and you will have to splice the wires for the marker lamps. gl, gl-10, loyale wagon, sedan, coupe, all except for xt

You can take yours off easily, four bolts and not a lot else. Then you can inspect it and maybe even clean up the rust and spray can it over with some undercoating or ? and then pass inspection. Just a thought.

And ctsuba has one here in CT if you really can't score one.

Yeah, Pennsylvania is pretty stringent with their vehicle inspections. They looks at *everything* and rust usually prevents your car from passing. However, some garages are more lenient than others.

Jersey, on the other hand, will put a sticker on your car so long as it passes emissions. No matter what. Literally.

Broken windshield, missing tail-light, no brakes, wires sticking out of the wheels, doors that won't open, a frame about to snap in half; It's considered safe in New Jersey so long as it doesn't hurt mother Earth. :rolleyes:

Okay, first I have to apologize because I talked to the inspection mechanic again today and he told me it was the rear bumper, not the front. I dont know if he told me wrong, or if I heard wrong, but it is the rear.

The bumper itself looks good, but he told me that the steel inner bumper is almost completely rusted away, so I cant clean it up. I may be able to have him weld a new piece of metal in there, but I just thought it would be easier and cheaper if I could find a replacement.

I checked with a Subaru junkyard in Kittanning, but they dont have anything that old, so I'm still looking. If anyone in western/central PA knows of one, or knows of any local yards that have any Subies that old, please let me know.