Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1994 Subaru Loyale

nick1208

They helped with the cost! It was $600 (which is a steal in its own) from my dads co-workers parents. I ended up paying around $200 out of pocket for it.

Ah, still not bad! I'd pay 200 or 600 for that all day long.

So what's the specs on it? Auto? 2wd, 4wd?

Plan on lifting it or slamming it?

You came to the right place. You'll learn everything you could need to know and plenty of extra here.

Your parents made a wise choice. I applaud their sound judgement. An subaru like that is the PERFECT car to start with. Easy to work on. Easy to learn about. Super reliable. TONS of fun. They go anywhere. They can carry a lot. They don't burn up a lot of gas doing it. They aren't very expensive to repair if they do need it.

Keep posting up any info as you get more accustomed to the car. If you need any help in maintaining/fixing/modifying, all the info and people are right here.

also a good choice for a first car due to the fact that they are slow as all get out, have an ebrake that grabs the front wheels instead of the back, and the spare tire (btw you can fit a fullsize 13" in there) acts as a barrier in a front end collision. you guys got a good deal on that one.

wheelin huh? locally we have wilkeson, ive been up there and theres lots of roads and little trails.

tahuya is down near belfair and is doable with a stock loyale, ive never been there but many have done it and lived to tell the tale.

i will mention you have a straight ride there and it looks really good. trails/offroading is counter-intuitive to maintaining these characteristics. itll still look cool, only itll be beat up. decisions...

Nice Loyale! Ive got a 92 and absolutely love it. Mine has over 230,000 miles and still climbing. Take care of that car and it'll last you forever. As others have said, this forum will inform you on literally anything you need to know. You can check out my thread sometime for some ideas. TheLoyale also has a really good thread.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=135660

my thread

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=121283

TheLoyales's thread