Ultimate Subaru Message Board

auto to 5 speed ea2

danzick

so i have a few questions. i searched around and apparently im not very good at using the search function. the only write up i could find on a auto to 5 speed swap was for an ea1. my first question is, how the hell do you get the pedal assembly out? im not worried about breaking stuff taking it out of the old car, but i cant imagine how bad it will suck to put it back in if i cant even force it out. and i bought a donor car for 100 bucks. i have the whole car minus the engine so i should have everything i need right? what all wires do i need to jump/ re splice to make my reverse lights come on in reverse, and for it to start?

got all the parts i could think of off the donor. so a few things that i havent seen covered very well, is what is the difference from the 86 carb model that im taking it out of an my 88 spfi? and what about the diffs. are my ratios going to be all wrong?

everything will be bolt-on. You will need the driveshaft along with the 5spd. all have a 3.9 diff except for turbos with 3.7, and all have 23 spline axle except for turbo 5mt and turbo 4eat automatic.

The trick with the pedals is to remove the steering column.

plug off the vacuum prt that leads to the vacuum modilator on the AT.

after removing the AT shifter, jumper the 2 fattest wires in the middle of the connecotor to defeat the neutral safety.