Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've wanted one for a long time. Never seemed entirely practical for me to have a two door car though. Maybe someday. I seem them pop up on Craigslist from time to time usually for under a grand with a dead transmission or a half primed rice-ject that someone abandoned because they couldn't figure out how to fix some random issue.

When I reach retirement age (I've got a long ways until that happens!), and become physically-incapable of shifting my own gears anymore, I want to drive a Subaru SVX!

And then proceed to modify it and add some luxury features and have those mods look OEM.

i bought 3 in the last 2 months all broken trans 1 with a broken rack. Wana see it realy go putt a 4.44 diff ratios and a 2800 stall converter from a 2wd impreza and hang on makes it a very quiwk car not as fast as before but tear your head off accelleration

You're going to go thru transmissions quicker than wheel bearings (a common failure for the SVX).

When I reach retirement age (I've got a long ways until that happens!), and become physically-incapable of shifting my own gears anymore, I want to drive a Subaru SVX!

And then proceed to modify it and add some luxury features and have those mods look OEM.

The SVX already has all the luxury mods ever made by Subaru. The only thing that needs changed usually is the stereo.

You're going to go thru transmissions quicker than wheel bearings (a common failure for the SVX).

The SVX already has all the luxury mods ever made by Subaru. The only thing that needs changed usually is the stereo.

I know it's got a decent amount of luxury features (and most impressive for the time period it was released).

Just would like to add a few extras and then I'll be living the rest of my life comfortably with a comfortable and somewhat-fast Subaru :D

I know it's got a decent amount of luxury features (and most impressive for the time period it was released).

Just would like to add a few extras and then I'll be living the rest of my life comfortably with a comfortable and somewhat-fast Subaru :D

You still havent mentioned what extras you will be adding ;)

Not trying to thread jack but my dad has his 92 svx for sale. Its in good shape but does need some tlc from someone with more time than we have. It runs and drives but will stall out sometimes when shifting from park to drive. Wont die if you just tap the gas slightly when shifting. I took it for about an hour drive last night and it drove fine. PM me if anyones interested. Its had its trans rebuilt and a swaped jdm engine with paper work showing what was done. Its located near St. Helens OR.

Not trying to thread jack but my dad has his 92 svx for sale. Its in good shape but does need some tlc from someone with more time than we have. It runs and drives but will stall out sometimes when shifting from park to drive. Wont die if you just tap the gas slightly when shifting. I took it for about an hour drive last night and it drove fine. PM me if anyones interested. Its had its trans rebuilt and a swaped jdm engine with paper work showing what was done. Its located near St. Helens OR.

THREAD HIJACKER NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

have fixed many svx trans and they never fail agian i change out the forward drum and clutchpack for the one from a 98 outback is larger and has better oil flow. and i overfill the front diff 1.8 L and increase the cooler return line port and ditch the trans preshure soliniod reistor that alows the tcu to modify preshure. And the lower gears putt less load on the trans and the higher stall gets the engine into its power range.