Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Now I tested the right rear sensor and it's pretty much dead.. But at times I can drive maybe 1-16 miles without the ABS light on I can stomp on the pedel and have the ABS kick in.

So if the right rear sensor is dead (tested it multiple times with meter) why does it allow the ABS to work for however long it wants to then notices the sensor is gone?

Not really.. must be bad internally.. looks like all the other sensors. I was just going to buy a replacement for $125 unless I can be sure one fits the plugs of a 97 Outback.

my thing is how can a sensor show open but the ABS works from 0-16 miles? Then I guess checks the sensor sees that it's bad then turns on the light?

What code did you get?

Did you wiggle the wire around while checking the resistance? Could just be an internally broken wire. Takes 16 miles for it to move just the right way before it breaks the signal. You could also test it by connecting a voltmeter set to AC and spin the wheel.

$125 is a waste of money for a sensor. They all work the same way, just find one in a junkyard that looks the same and has the same plug.

What code did you get?

Did you wiggle the wire around while checking the resistance? Could just be an internally broken wire. Takes 16 miles for it to move just the right way before it breaks the signal. You could also test it by connecting a voltmeter set to AC and spin the wheel.

$125 is a waste of money for a sensor. They all work the same way, just find one in a junkyard that looks the same and has the same plug.

I got the code for the right rear sensor that's the only code in the system..

I tried looking on ebay but got little hits or the plug does not match up. It's not always 16 miles, sometimes it only takes a few wheel rotations.. very random.