Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1989 GL Hatchback 4WD

They did add a 3rd brake light and that takes some time gettin used too haha. Go for it, last of the pushrod engines.. they just added another year to the title all the way to 89..."Carry over cars" is what I have been told they call them.Same goes for the brats.Unsold 1984 brats became a 1985 brat and the unsold 1985's became 1986...all the way to 1989.I once was so sycked up cause i was going to look at a 1987 Brat.I was just trying to invision what it would look like....(hey this way years ago...) I was bumbed when there was no difference...Still a good brat though.. OSF

• 1 month later...

BUY IT!!! Same Exact Car As A 83"-84" Last of the Old School-Pushrod Motors :headbang: I rescued my 88" ea81Hatchie-ZUMIE $300!! 155k, I"m 2nd owner Clean-Rust Free YES :grin: 38MPGs and NO LEAKS!!!Owner said clutch was bad didn"t want spend $$ to fix it! Pedal assem was bad put in new one All good!! This is my 4th hatchie-only better 1s are the WGNs-You can sleep in them{Camping in Crap weather :drunk:}!!!                                 

I have an 88gl hatch.Lots of rust but still driveable.The ea81 purrs like a top. Had to put a new muffler on it and couldn't resist a cherry bomb. Sounds great.Gave 400 for it. Havent found a carb for it yet.  I need one for parts.