Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone into RC Crawlers??

I was for like a month. Bought a $400 super class aluminum crawler kit, spent another $400 or so on electronics for it (steering servos were $125 a peice). Drove it 5 or 6 times and broke an axle stub. Never ordered a replacement, now it's a discontinued model and parts for it are no longer available. :lol: Been thinking of selling off the electronics and using the rest as a $400 paper weight. I'd like to think that somewhere there is another brand of axle stub that might be similar enough to work.

I was for like a month. Bought a $400 super class aluminum crawler kit, spent another $400 or so on electronics for it (steering servos were $125 a peice). Drove it 5 or 6 times and broke an axle stub. Never ordered a replacement, now it's a discontinued model and parts for it are no longer available. :lol: Been thinking of selling off the electronics and using the rest as a $400 paper weight. I'd like to think that somewhere there is another brand of axle stub that might be similar enough to work.

What brand? I may be able to help you! There are a few hobby shops around me that keep discontinued stuff lying around until someone pokes at them for it :-p

Yeah if you wouldnt mind. Its an XTM Racing X-Crawler. The part number for the stub is 146851.

I tried to get some help finding a similar replacement from my LHS and they were less than enthusiastic about looking around for one. They did spend about 15 minutes on the phone with Global Hobby trying to find the correct part for me though. The basic story they got was that the factory that produced the parts for this particular model went under (the brand is still around) and they figured that rather than send the diagrams off to another factory for production, they would just discontinue the model and all replacement parts support. So anybody with this crawler is just SOL if it breaks. Needless to say, I won't be buying anymore XTM products.

Yep....

Tamiya CC01

155Brat.jpg

Another Tamiya cc01 (that I have had since middle school, I am 31 now)

jonescreek1.jpg

RC4WD K-2 6x6 chassis with axial running gear... still need to finish the body and tube work. But it runs and drives. (its sort of a dodge trex.... but a crew cab instead of a regular cab)

6x6water.jpg

Last one is a rc4WD hercules 8x8 chassis with axial running gear... I still have lots to do and I am already $1000 into this thing.

Lowerlinksinstalled.jpg

I'm really into RC. I never got into crawling, but I really dig RC racing. I've got offroad racers from 10th scale to 5th scale. I've also got a 4' gas powered deep-V, and an indoor electric heli.

We've got a killer racetrack here in the metro, and I can't wait for the racing season to start up.

• Like 1