Ultimate Subaru Message Board

welded front diff?

torxxx

Anyone can drive with gears, and anyone can drive with horsepower.

You have no idea what it takes to drive a Roo in tough spots needing both.

The "heresay" part of it is that there is no fix.

If you want something bad enough, you can make it happen.

Which means hydro steering.IT CAN be done.So, why try to demonstratively disenvow a guys idea when there IS a solution to it.

We were never blessed enough to have 50 bajillion companies make it easy for ANYONE to bolt ************ on and think they are a wheeler.

Bolt on? Beats me I built most of the parts and modded many other parts on my Jeep, I am all for it, I have torn the crap outta the Jeep that I built, interesting thing is none of the parts I built ever broke...

doesn't matter what vehicle you put a welded front diff in,it's asking for trouble, it should be common sense, there only place I think you could use it is in a straight line, figure out how to make it turn, I dare ya... lol good luck kid

I would like to add that I did demo derby a FWD car with powersteering. The diff was behind a cover so I welded it up. Worked GREAT on loose dirt until the first time I turned sharp under power at which point it promptly blew the inner CV joint into about 10 pieces. only found 3..For that car exploding cv's is quite rare,doesnt normally happen until you are making 3X stock power.