Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Bratworst82

Pulling out the dashboard.

I think there are a few bolts up by the windshield. Maybe in/around the defrost vents. Also, take pics of your dash as you disassemble it. Close-ups of everything. Especially of where and how the plug harness's exit the dash. It will make a handy reference when you are re-installing.

Yep, 3 bolts under the defroster vents.

There is also a cable for the vent in the upper center of the dash that needs to be dealt with. Been a few years since I pulled one, not real sure on how that cable is detached at the moment.

markjw-Good advice but I won't be the one dealing with installing. Selling the dash.

It's a really tight fight between the windshield and the defroster vents. This ought to be interesting...

Thanks guys.

Well, you didn't specified on which car (Year / Model) are you Working on, but I assume that it is a Brat, isn't it?

Because if you're asking about the EA82 I have a Writeup, plenty of Photos, explaining the procedure.

Kind Regards.

Dashboard is out. :headbang: It was actually pretty straight forward. Just kept lightly tugging on it and searching for what was holding it up. Did not cut any wires or cables.