Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where is the TPMS Reciever Hiding?

Gentlemen,

I recently purchased a 2012 OBW LTD with the TPMS. I put the Original tires and wheels into winter storage (they have the TPMS transmitters installed), and am running my winter tires and wheels that don't have the transmitters in each wheel. Consequently that annoying yellow dash icon warning of improper tire pressures is on all of the time.

I'm hoping someone here knows where the receiver module for the TPMS is hiding in the car. I'd like to disconnect it in hopes of eliminating the dash light, which may not work, but I'd like to try.

Since the TPMS system is considered an emissions control system I'm pretty sure unplugging the receiver module will result in either a Check engine light or some other annoyance worse than the TPMS light.

I tried to remove the bulb for the SRS light in my Lincoln because the clock spring was bad. But then the car would beep about 50 times when I turned the key on. So I put the bulb back and put a piece of black tape over it.

• 7 months later...

Gentlemen,

I recently purchased a 2012 OBW LTD with the TPMS. I put the Original tires and wheels into winter storage (they have the TPMS transmitters installed), and am running my winter tires and wheels that don't have the transmitters in each wheel. Consequently that annoying yellow dash icon warning of improper tire pressures is on all of the time.

I'm hoping someone here knows where the receiver module for the TPMS is hiding in the car. I'd like to disconnect it in hopes of eliminating the dash light, which may not work, but I'd like to try.

I've just bought 2011 Forester with TPMS and was looking for the same info.  Did you ever do it?

Tosh2,

No! And its not because I haven't been looking.

Here in Canada a TPMS is not required by law as it is in the States. My 2012 OBW LTD was originally a US car, and therein is my problem. Canadian Subie dealerships don't know how to override the issue, and the US Subie dealerships won't by law tell you, even if its possible to do so.

Check the Field Service Manual for your make model and year. The TPMS location should be shown in the manual. I am away from my FSM at the moment or I would tell you where it is at on a 2010 OBW Limited.

Edited by TackleBox