Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Loyale; Someone should write a book

I'm wrecking my 92 4WD Loyale and saving the parts for my 2WD 91 Loyale wagon. It seems the scrap yards only have new cars in them now so you have to be your own car farm these days. What I've noticed taking the old dear apart is the multitude of different electical connectors  used throughout the car. Some need a twist, some you need to press a button with your thumb,others you need to push the button with a screwdriver. Then there were the ones on the back of the dash guages. They'll never work again.Often you are upside down looking at the connector  through a gap so its hard to know what it wants. The book could be called Subaru wiring for dummies. Thanks for letting me rant.

• Like 1

ha ha, LMAO seriously.  it's like they have a box of random connectors and just pick and choose.

wait until you see what SRS connectors are like, those things are the weirdest contrivances ever - overdesigned ignorance.  they are so complicated that they're damaged unless you have a your second PhD in electrical connection wizardry from Hogwartz - just what you want - a set up that compromises a high percentage of connectors for explosive devices in a vehicle. LMAO.

Reminds me of last week when I was reseating my oil pump gasket. I was taking off the passenger side fan, and I literally struggled with the connector for 5 minutes. I took a screwdriver to it trying to push the tab and pull, then some pliers to pinch and pull... then I took a smoke break, looked at it, and simply took my fingernail, lifted out the tab, and disconnected the connectors. :|  Thanks Subaru