Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BOSS 1" crossmember spacer kit for BOSS 2" suspension lifts

Ok, so I've gotten some requests for crossmember spacers from some people who have installed my BOSS 2" suspension lift kits. I am testing the pond to see, if it is something enough people want then I will start offering an "upgrade kit" for those lifts, and it will also be available to order with a new kit.

What it will be is 6 blocks, made of 1"x2 1/2" T6061 aluminum, plus all new bolts to install it. This will lower the engine and transmission crossmembers 1", improving the camber and prolonging the axle life. I have never had, nor heard of, any issues with the rear axles on a 2" lift, so no need to lower the rear subframe. Steering link not included, and you may or may not have to modify the shifter, sometimes it varies from car to car.

Price of the "upgrade kit" will be $120 shipped in the US.

Price of a new lift with the upgrade kit included will be $220 shipped in the US.

Let me know if you want this, and I will order material and make it happen. I need at least 6 orders. Thanks!

-Bill

I am lowering the transmission as well as the engine. It doesnt make much sense to me to lower just the engine, seeing as how the axles attach to the transmission. It also puts extra stress on the motor and tranny mounts, as well as the control arm bushings and radius rod bushings. This kit keeps the drivetrain in it's stock geometry and the suspension at close to stock.

-Bill

So tempted. I have just never had much of an issue with my home made 2" lifts eating axles, and now that I have your kit, which is camber correct, it should already be a huge improvement. But I don't even have the car yet, so I don't know. But the new car will be EJ'd, so it may be better to have the axles at less of an angle.