Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1995 Impreza

crazyman03

Ok, a bit more time to post now. Here's kinda how it went in order..

20130413_133858_resized.jpg

20130413_133909_resized.jpg

quick mockup on the ground

20130413_141805_resized.jpg

Up on the car, right before tacking the welds and finishing it up, no, the bundgee coard is NOT sticking around, i did install a hanger - top left where the OE one would be ;-)

20130413_142608_resized.jpg

after it all:

20130413_173136_resized.jpg

20130413_173132_resized.jpg

-Justin

Edited by crazyman03

I was trying for a bit tucked up but somewhere between the tack welds and pulling it down to finish it kinda shifted. That, and it already kinda sat funky up there. the angle going under the axles was kinda weird and would've rubbed. I might pull it back down and attempt to bend the angle a bit and see where that gets me. I also dont like the stupid angle that most 'roo's (and stupid hondas) do with it all cocked upword. Granted, i dont have a fart can.. but still not fond of being able to see the muffler.

-Justin

yea, it will shift.

when i did the exhaust on the RX, i had everything super tight, pulled it down and welded it, now i have plenty of clearance everywhere EXCEPT the rear hanger, which it now smacks so i have to jump under there and cut it.

i'm definatly a fan of things being tucked up.

4A952D7C-63F8-4537-BBD1-9328AAABEC8E-21991-0000119AE89AE8FE_zpsb7ee4d52.jpg

dang! wish my welds looked that good! haha! I imagine my technique would be better if i welded more - Meh :-/

Anyway, got back under there to patch up a few leaks that i saw earlier. Some condensation was leaking through the welds. I also got the muffler to go up a bit higher and painted the exhaust black - maybe it would bug me less if i didnt see it so easy.

20130414_172415_resized.jpg

20130414_172421_resized.jpg

20130414_172431_resized.jpg

I think i like it more..

vid before i did the work today. JusZek asked for it

-Justin

Edited by crazyman03
  • Like 1

Thank you for the Video!

....vid before i did the work today. JesZek asked for it

-Justin

I Really Like your Nice Impreza Wagon and all the Mods You've done!  Thumbup.jpg

About the extremly brilliant Dashboard after Led Swap, Have you Used the Dimmer Knob ...  :ph34r: ... ?

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

I'm thinking i'm sitting a bit higher on the front :-/ Thinking in need to bring the back up too *teeeheeehee* (the axles arent really angled much on the rears). The rear tophats on the OBW struts i have dont come off for some reason. I was trying to put the tophats that had my "lift" done, i couldnt get the OBW tophats off.. and i threw away the spring tops from my old Impy struts :-/

-Justin

Edited by crazyman03

Well.. i unplugged the LEDs on the dash for now. I am thinking about tinting the plastic and seeing where that gets me.. i don't want it too dark but id like the whole "new age" look ;-)

anyway, an update.. i got a new amp!

532081_10152878002550727_807350266_n.jpg

well, CB linear amp lol!!

-Justin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...