Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 Subaru Brat Norway

Nils

Hello, this is my 1986 Subaru Brat.

93.000 Km/one owner before me since new.

1800 E81 Engine

4 speed manual with hi/low

Electrical mirrors

"Funroof"

13 X 5 steel wheels

175/70-13 Nokian Hakkepelitta 7 winter tyres.

Photos of interior/engine will come later.

IMG_8089.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg
IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8080.jpg
IMG_8077.jpg

IMG_8095.jpg

Thank you :)

Some more photos of the car, the car will be washed when the summer comes..

Have not done anything to the car yet, just bought a new Varta 60 ah battery and new winter tires.

Plans so far it trying to get a better driving seat, and an original roll bar.

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4317.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4322.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

IMG_4329.jpg

Edited by Nils

Wow, what a fine example of an all original, well maintained old BRAT.

Quick question, in the 2nd picture from the bottom, what is that adjustment that can be made for summer/winter? (with the arrows)

Looks like a manual heat control valve (something like that) to me. I was looking at it the other day in the FSM, except it was vacuum controlled.

Thank you for positive feedbacks on my Brat :)

I75eya: Its like BratRod says a manual heat control valve. The adjustment is for sending air from outside of the car in to the air cleaner case in the summer, and preheated air in the winter to prevent carburettor icing.

IMG_8120.jpg

Edited by Nils

Thank you for positive feedbacks on my Brat :)

I75eya: Its like BratRod says a manual heat control valve. The adjustment is for sending air from outside of the car in to the air cleaner case in the summer, and preheated air in the winter to prevent carburettor icing.

IMG_8120.jpg

wow, cool!

Do you know if that was a standard feature on all 2nd gens? Or was it unique to '86? or to your region? 

I have an '86 brat here in the states, but if it has such an option, I'm not aware of it (at least there is no sticker =P... and she's currently about 1000 miles away from me).

Anyhow, welcome to the board! Your brat is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Edited by belacane

Thank you tdodge41

I bought it in January 2013. It has only one owner before me, 78 year old man.

He always parked the car in the garage, and sold it to me since he did not use the car anymore.

The car was "Tectyl" protected when it was new, it has saved the car from the rust. (Tectyl is a rust protection from Valvoline, maybe have other names for other countries)

belacane:

Thank you

I do not know this for sure, but I belive it is manual like mine on the earlier models, and automatic on later models?

I have a photo taken from internet of a later version here:

83_1645922673_xl.jpg

Edited by Nils

Beautiful Brat! It definitely looks like one of the best preserved Brats in our country. 86 is also the first year commercial vehicles could be registered on green plates

My 85 EA82 GL Sedan (Also from Norway) has the manual pre-heat selector, i haven't seen an EA82 here with the automatic control.

post-32803-0-56109500-1362594945_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

wow, cool!

Do you know if that was a standard feature on all 2nd gens? Or was it unique to '86? or to your region? 

I have an '86 brat here in the states, but if it has such an option, I'm not aware of it (at least there is no sticker =P... and she's currently about 1000 miles away from me).

Anyhow, welcome to the board! Your brat is absolutely gorgeous!!!

i have a 86 brat stock EA81 here in the us and mine has the EGR system with an automatic switich that controls that very same butterfly on my intake  

Edited by cider3200