Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Spacecadetchickn

2.2 to 2.5 Drivetrain/Dash/Harness Swap

Hey guys I have 2 issues.. After a swap I'm missing a control unit under the dash( not sure what it is/does... And I don't have the fuel pump working ...(might b related) please help...

Btw I took a 94 legacy sedan lsi chassis and put a 99OBW drivetrain(motor/trams/diff axles sturs hubs tires etc. aswell as the entire body harness fuel pump and dash.. Big frenchin project by yourself!( I did not use the OB gas tank, evap box, or drvr side sending unit.

I'll post some pics when I figure out how! Lol!

You are missing the fuel temp sensor, and the feul pressure vent solenoid and evaporate canister.

Shouldn't prevent fuel pump running, but could cause cel.

Not too worried about a cel for that as my understanding is it should run fine without those... I haven't been able to get a cel at all since the swap... I'm pretty sure these have something to do with it. Not sure what they are/do...(not the check connectors)

the white connector is for the subaru'' select monitor'' or something like that.

the black connector is for diagnoing trouble codes for the trans, air bags and ABS if ytou have them.

Ok so probably not my issue.... Now the only wires I cut were to the evap box in the back because it was mangled anyway. Does power go to the evap box then to the FP? Pump turns on with a hardwire but not connected normally. Also does not explain the absence of a CEL when ignition is on. Thinking with my fingers sorry.