Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The new CrossTrek

ShawnW

Personally I love most of the colors.  The rims I could live with, or sell em like Zap if you don't like em.  I would love to have the Orange (as its a sorta earthy orange and not a douchebag orange), or the red or the dark blue, or the silver or grey.  The Khaki is kinda funky looking, I doubt I would get that color.  I wouldn't do black because I don't like the tan interior (I drive a yard debris truck, the seats would get dirty too fast)

Hold your fire 2013 Crosstek owners!  But I have to ask if the 2014 models, other than the hybrid, are going to offer a choice of rims and some better colour options.

Both my wife and I are considering buying new Crossteks (for different reasons) but I can't abide the hideous rims offered on the 2013s and the colour choices are downright sad.  I can't see anything about the non-hybrid 2014s, although maybe it's significant that the hybrid does show nicer rims and a different colour.  Anybody seen any changes coming for 2014?

My 03 Forester has been a superb vehicle, hence our plans to buy again, but we don't need the SUV size any more, although the easy ingress/egress of the raised platform is welcome.

So go buy new wheels.  I got 600 bucks for the ones that came with it.  And I LOVE the dark grey metallic.  

img5093qu.jpg

So you see what I mean?  That looks good in that colour with those rims.  Sure I could but new rims, but I'm not inclined to spend 28 large on a car and then turn around and invest an extra grand to make it look right, when Subaru should have given me an option from the get go.  I don't think there's another vehicle on the market today, in any price bracket, that offers me no rim option.  Where did you find a buyer for the factory rims?