Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle Import Meet 2013

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I received the usual Carlysle Producctions card in the mail.

But I haven't been associated with a club at Caqrlisle for a long time.

Haven't been ther ein over 10 years, but thinking of going this year especially if there is a certain kit car company from MA gonna be there.

Though I'm not nearly as active here as I used to be if I do go I'll look to see if the USMB has a spot and drop in.

I've got piles of parts but not able to take stuff there to sale.

Haven't been ther ein over 10 years, but thinking of going this year especially if there is a certain kit car company from MA gonna be there.

Who?  I would love to see the guy that does the VW tdi sports car.  Not sure if he will be there though.

Who?  I would love to see the guy that does the VW tdi sports car.  Not sure if he will be there though.

That's what I'm talking about!

Smythe Perofrmance.  The excuse last year was a wedding.

Of course they wanted me to go to MA to see the car.

They can be hard to get ahold of.  They are on Facebook and I'm not, and don't plan to be.

I asked in their thread on tdiclub a week or so ago and haven't heard yet.  Last year I ended up finding some email addresses and they finally answered like 2 days before.

Carlisle I can day trip.

I'm just finishing parting a 99 Beetle TDI ALH/ 5 speed to get 5 speed swap parts. My first real project since the accident 2 years ago.

I've got a lot of unfinished projects but would love to do that kit car.  FYI gassers will work too.

Just read they will be at Carlisle.

There is a car collection and related stuff auction next weekend local.

But I haven' tbeen to Cartlisle in years.

And since I haven't been able to work in a few years I'm thinking a day of walking around Carlisle will be a day well spent.

I still have a lot of 95-99 parts if anyone needs anything not worth shipping.  Like some Legacy fenders or doors, 2.5 heads, 95-96 filler tube, etc.

Heck I even have complete engines incluging a 95 2.2 auto and a 96 2.2 that I had planned on doing more swaps until I was hurt.

I'll be taking my Golf TDI that turned 240k today.

Apologies to those who do attend , for the lack of representation these days.

I think we topped off around 7-5 years back. Still fun and I hope to still have an outside chance of going.

Someday we'll get another good group together and probably even get the 25 needed for the "club status tent".

If we could get the CT group alone that'd be at the very least 6 guys with something from the 80's and earlier. And that's just the guys that are reasonably active with vintage Subarus. Get the Legacy/Impreza/WRX generation involved and it could get overwhelming.

So , that said , I don't expect to go this year but there does exist that outside chance. Enjoy!!

I'm planning on attending Saturday with a friend.  Likely when the crowd hits.  Early to mid afternoon.

Main purpose is to see the VW TDI kit car rather than what I used to go for 15 years ago which was mainly the swap area.  So there is no rush for us.  Kinda curious how much it's changed.  Last I really went was before you could hunt down parts easily on the internet.  So I expect the swap area is nothin glike it used to be.

If anyone wants to meet up PM me for my cell#.