Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle Import Meet 2013

How was Carlisle ?

Caffeine and carbs was cancelled up here. No Show weekend. LOL

Got some inspiration and devoted a small window of time I had on my '78. Needed a tire replaced and got a new spare as well. They let me in the bay even had to get involved and assist ,etc. So while the wheels were off I of course found myself iritated at the rust and sand/mud left from the late fall and winter. Hadn't given it the real bath it deserved. This caused me to give each corner a good cleanout and brass wire brush what I could. Cheesy paint for the old steel wheels - quick hack job that I blame on the paint - mostly ;) Quick blast of gloss black on some of the suspension , supprts ,etc. underside. Just real basic attention but it felt good for me to have my eyes all over the car and start making a plan for the future.

Hope you guys found some time and inspiration too.

Cheers!

I was there for Sat and Sunday. It was the year of the SVX's. There were four of them, some imps, a 97 Lego that was all sort of tastefuly modified, a couple of toyoroos, and the Justy. There was an 80'6 Turbo Hatch with 86K on it, but needed TLC.  There were two riced out Imps, but they were antisocial and hung out with the (gasp) Toyotas. There was only one SVX there on Friday so it won an award for the most rare car.

*mumble*  next year i will have to get the Justy there on a friday, show up that SVX I will.

Justy got a lot of attention.

Friday I heard the place was crowded. Saturday not so much, and sunday was empty. The weather was overcast on Sat and sunday was cold and wet on and off.

There were not as many vendors as last year. The prettiest grouping was the Opels. SAABs were there in numbers to qualify as an army. Quite a few Citrons. There were so many TVR's that i expected them to be killing people just to keep their reputations intact.

Edited by nipper

We went Saturday.  Hadn't been there in 15 years.  Bakc then I always had a shopping list fo rthe swap are.  Man - is it smaller!  I fogured the internet may take a toll on the swap area.  Lots of British stuff and folks selling chinese tools and small hardware.

NO traffic at noon on Saturday!  I missed the R hand turn while we were talking.  I figured there would be traffic.

I say the VW MKIV kit I went for.

I never recall there being so many Volvo's.  I'd think a car show would be beneath them.

Not even al lthe food places were open.

WOrked great for us.  3 hours we had the place covered - twice!   Noon to 3 on Saturday. NO traffic issues - but they still parked us clear over by the road course.

Actually I didn't see any Subaru's.  I was gonna take some pics if I did.

Yes lots of Opels - a friend of mine was there.  Didn't realize it until I saw their Opel wagon.  I've always lusted for a GT but figured it would be a tight fit.

Odd we were all there by noon. Last (or first) row in the Asian section (last row before the hill). The Asian Passport stamp table was right there next to us. The Datsun convertables were right across from us. 

I had the blue Impreza there saturday. Ended up getting there much later than planned and couldn't stay as long as I had hoped, I only had a chance to see maybe half of everything.

Next year I'll have to do Friday and Saturday