Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subie L. Jackson build thread

So I have a 92 loyale aka Subie L. Jackson, who has a blown headgasket. So that sparked a thinking process of fixing it or making it better. I use to want to lift it but now i have realized that rally is becoming my next passion. So I got lucky yesterday and bought this car as the donor for this project. I am super excited to do this. Just need to find a build thread or member who has put a 2.7 in their loyale or gl wagon

post-20956-0-91505200-1361795677_thumb.jpg

post-20956-0-44647700-1361795730_thumb.jpg

post-20956-0-38451500-1361795892_thumb.jpg

... Just need to find a build thread or member who has put a 2.7 in their loyale or gl wagon

There are Some -few- of Us in USMB who did that Swap; mine lasted Ten Years, now is Wrecked;

and I must say that I Really Agree with 86BratMan, to do the ER27 swap isn't good Idea,

unless you build a "SubaruStein" like This:

LoyaleXT6-2.jpg

LoyaleXT6-1.jpg

But since many people -like you- asked more info about the Swap,

here I posted a Writeup on the Subject:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/122165-ea82-to-er27-swap/

Maybe you find it Useful.

If that were my Choice, I'll fix the XT6 instead...

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

its not just an engine swap i am doing the entire drive train including suspension also switching the dashes.

Suspension will swap over with no issues.

XT6 engine crossmember can be re-drilled to fit the EA82 chassis, but only if you do run the ER27 engine, as the holes for the engine mounts won't work with an EA82 Those holes are to far forward.. Can't say about an EJ's fitment.

ER27 can be dropped in, but radiator is the BIG issue there.

I'm running everything from an XT6 in my '88 Wagon, minus the motor and crossmember. Oh, and the dash...

Not 100% on it, but the curve of the XT6 dash is different than the EA82 bodied vehicles. Serious trimming may be involved there.

I have 2 ER27 engines sitting in my garage and so want to stuff one in one of the vehicles here.........

yeah suby l. jackson is getting a mustache my little brothers suburban is call ron burbandy and has a mustache on the grill. and i understand it is going to be a pain. i have thought about throwing the front end of the xt6 onto my wagon but i dont care too much for the pop up head lights. one of the other things i am doing is parting out the xt6 for members on the forum because of the body parts and such. so if anyone has any requests just pm me and i will see what i can do. the xt6 has a blown headgasket apparently, but i have much looking to do. i already figured i was going to have to do fabrication and redrilling, already planned on not using the spare tire rack in the engine bay. will be posting pictures of my progress

Edited by subieman666

I am currently lobbying for somebody to just purchase and save this xt-6 as a whole after it's engine and/or dash is removed. That thing looks practically mint. Dirty, maybe, but mint.

Don't get me wrong though, loving the idea of facing the challenge of getting a 2.7 in that GL, but damn that XT looks nice. :unsure:

if someone wanted to trade me a 2.2 car wrecked or something i would do that. the whole reason why i got the xt6 was because i want to do a whole swap engine trans diff and hubs so i can have a better selection of rally wheels and such. i know the er27 is a bad motor for parts and stuff. but its a starter motor for me and i usual go about things the hard way first. i get what you are saying though